Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Lynn's Workroom Reworking  (Read 1197 times)

Offline MSgtUSAFRet

• Admiral
  • Fly! Fight! Win! And call me when you're back.
Re: Lynn's Workroom Reworking
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2017, 07:48:31 am »
And finally, a (bad) panorama pic so you can see how things are laid out.

THAT is a TRUE workspace, Lynn, complete with the 6" workspace in the center of the bench! :D

I wouldn't dare show my bench! It's a mess!

Sorry to hear about the power lines.  :( Hope you get it sorted quickly!

Steve
"To be honest with you, Picard, a significant number of my crew members have expressed a desire to return even knowing the odds. Some because they can't bear to live without their loved ones, some because they don't like the idea of slipping out in the middle of a fight."

Offline scottminium

• Admiral
  • "Not chess, Mr. Spock. Poker!"
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2017, 09:20:16 pm »
Hah!  The space is bigger but you have as little working room as me!  I love the stash!
"If there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

Offline pakratt840

• Admiral
  • NCC-1603 USS Ballista
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2017, 09:54:53 pm »
Looks organized Lynn. Wish I could say the same for mine. I need more drawers, as most of my stuff ends up piled to the left or right and then I have to sift through it to find that one thing I need right now. And it's always on the bottom of the pile, if it's there at all.
Dan

Yoda & Luke discuss building the Refit
Luke: I'm not afraid!
Yoda: Oh...You will be...You...Will...Be!

Online LynnInDenver

• Commander
    • My husband and I on YouTube - TG256
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2017, 08:52:42 pm »
Now that the power has been dealt with (which included a possibly unneeded visit to get a branch lopped off the tree in the backyard), I got some more progress done. I went full wasteland, and scrapped the short table I'd built for the workroom for supplies to build a "hutch" for the model side of the workbench, combined with some of leftover 2x4 material. I've bolted the hutch to the workbench itself so it doesn't topple over. I'll eventually get some plywood cut to serve as a shelf above. The top of that table has become a mounting area for things to be determined, although a power strip and the worklamp are the first "tenants". I also got the Raspberry Pi off the workbench surface.

Online LynnInDenver

• Commander
« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2017, 05:46:43 pm »
Got an arm for the computer monitor, so now it's mounted up higher, and some cable management should free up some much needed benchtop.

And this morning, got the news that my "uncle" has now passed. We saw him last week, and it was clear his mind was becoming more of a confused muddle of stories he'd recently read and events in his life, so it is a slight blessing. Depending on the schedule of things, I might not get anything else done for a couple of weeks.

Offline pakratt840

• Admiral
  • NCC-1603 USS Ballista
« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2017, 05:58:29 pm »
I am sorry for your loss, Lynn. My father had dementia for the last few years of his life and when he passed, it was kind of a relief, since he hadn't really been 'Dad' for a while by then. So I know what you mean by it being a slight blessing. It's still tough, though. But having shared his passion for the hobby, I'm sure you have plenty of good memories to lean on.
Dan

Yoda & Luke discuss building the Refit
Luke: I'm not afraid!
Yoda: Oh...You will be...You...Will...Be!

Online LynnInDenver

• Commander
« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2017, 10:38:16 pm »
OK, so I got something done tonight.

One of my other hobbies is board gaming, and I've taken to making "inserts" for some of those games out of foam core. So tonight, I grabbed some and whipped up a "tool tray", and then emptied out that tradesman's tote that contained my uncle's tools. Hence, I've freed up quite a bit of bench, and eliminated some drawers ("drawers are where tools go to die." - Adam Savage). I'll have to build another one for paint brushes, so I can get them out of the (frankly inadequate and awful) roundish craft tote they're currently in.

I also got some cable management done.

Offline whb64

• Captain
« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2017, 10:37:01 pm »
Quick question Lynn...  what type of exhaust fan (make/model if possible) does your spray booth have?

Online LynnInDenver

• Commander
« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2017, 11:47:18 am »
Quick question Lynn...  what type of exhaust fan (make/model if possible) does your spray booth have?

It's actually a furnace blower motor and squirrel cage. The number on the cage housing is 308014-201. I think my uncle may have actually scavenged it from somewhere. Given he was dealing in mostly acrylics, it was probably a reasonable choice.

Offline AnythingSciFi

• Admiral
« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2017, 12:42:43 pm »
Making good progress on your setup Lynn!

I have a friend that does heating and air. I have been thinking about getting him to find me a compact unit for my spray booth. I really need more exhaust in it!

Enterprise © Bloc