Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Lynn's Workroom Reworking  (Read 4060 times)

Offline MSgtUSAFRet

• Admiral
  • Fly! Fight! Win! And call me when you're back.
Re: Lynn's Workroom Reworking
« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2018, 07:28:57 am »
Impressive paint track Lynn!!

Did you download someone's plans for it or just make it out of your head? If you can share the plans, that would be great.

Nice job either way!!

Steve
"To be honest with you, Picard, a significant number of my crew members have expressed a desire to return even knowing the odds. Some because they can't bear to live without their loved ones, some because they don't like the idea of slipping out in the middle of a fight."

Offline LynnInDenver

• Commander
    • My husband and I on YouTube - TG256
« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2018, 09:35:37 pm »
Impressive paint track Lynn!!

Did you download someone's plans for it or just make it out of your head? If you can share the plans, that would be great.

Nice job either way!!

Steve

I just made it out of my head. I've seen other people do a similar sort of shelving system. I used a 25"x48" piece of plywood, and 1x2 furring strips. To space the shelves, I used some scrap 2x3 from installing the electronics "backsplash". Most of it's sized for Tamiya bottles, but some is sized for larger bottles like Allclad.

Offline pakratt840

• Admiral
  • NCC-1603 USS Ballista
« Reply #47 on: February 27, 2018, 09:45:08 pm »
That's a nice paint rack Lynn. I did something similar, but a bit smaller scale and more horizontal since it's above a bench in the work space. Of course, it's already full. ;D

Dan

Yoda & Luke discuss building the Refit
Luke: I'm not afraid!
Yoda: Oh...You will be...You...Will...Be!

Offline LynnInDenver

• Commander
    • My husband and I on YouTube - TG256
« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2018, 08:12:02 pm »
And no pictures this time, but the bed risers I ordered came in... so now the paint booth working surface is only an inch below the workbench surface... which means now I can use the stool, and can get the folding chair out of the room! Not only did it take up valuable maneuvering room, but having two seats basically meant an added horizontal surface to attract kipple. As an added bonus, the compressor can now live under the paint booth, yet is still perfectly accessible.

Enterprise © Bloc