Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Dumb quetsion time- Decal Set  (Read 82 times)

Offline whb64

• Commander
Dumb quetsion time- Decal Set
« on: July 06, 2017, 08:00:00 pm »
Ok, dumb question time- what is the difference between Testor Model Master Decal Solvent Solution , Model Master Decal Set Solution 1/2 oz -- Painting Mask Tape -- #1737. and Model Master Decal Setting Solution 1/2 oz -- Hobby and Model Enamel Paint -- #2146?

Do any of these come in sizes larger than 1/2 ounce or is there something else you guys use?  These half ounce bottles aren't going to last ling for the 350 scale kits or full wallpaper Aztec decals.  Is there a better brand than Testor?

Thanks in advance

Offline LynnInDenver

• Commander
    • My husband and I on YouTube - TG256
Re: Dumb quetsion time- Decal Set
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2017, 08:15:35 pm »
Micro Set and Micro Sol come in 1oz bottles. Tamiya Mark Fit is 1.3oz. Solvaset is 2 oz. I've used all but the Tamiya, and intend on trying that soon, I've heard some good things about that one.

Generally speaking a 'sol' solvent type is stronger than a 'set' setter type. A set type will help the decal adhere, a solvent type will actually melt the decal and help it nestle into the recesses and panel lines. The Tamiya Mark Fit comes in regular and Strong, which I will assume the Strong is the solvent type of the two. Solvaset is pretty much a solvent type.

Offline whb64

• Commander
Re: Dumb quetsion time- Decal Set
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2017, 09:28:39 pm »
Thanks for the info and quick reponse :)

Enterprise © Bloc