Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Bandai mini ISD V2.1 Done!  (Read 119 times)

Offline Guns Akimbo

• Captain
Bandai mini ISD V2.1 Done!
« on: July 21, 2017, 06:04:03 pm »
Carrying over lessons learned from the first failed build (such as not necessarily gluing anything!), the second attempt has met with success! Again, fun and simple build but instead of reusing the fancy little electronics board I used a trio of 1.8mm white LED's and a 470 Ohm resistor, hot glued and soldered, respectively. Power is from a single 9V battery, though I may try 4 AA's and play with the brightness a bit. Pleased that there's much less light leakage this time around; painting both the inside and outside of the rear sections of the hull, and the engine bulkhead with flat black helped immensely. Final finish was once again Tamiya white primer, for that Rogue One look.  ;D

PS: My big Zvezda ISD kit is due in early next month. :)

« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 06:05:34 pm by Guns Akimbo »

Offline MSgtUSAFRet

• Admiral
  • All I ask is a tall ship & a star to steer her by.
Re: Bandai mini ISD V2.1 Done!
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2017, 07:03:30 am »
Looking good, Guns!

Are ya gonna glue it, too?  ;)

Keep at it!

Steve
"As long as there is injustice, whenever a Targathian baby cries out, wherever a distress signal sounds among the stars, we'll be there. This fine ship, this fine crew. Never give up... and never surrender."

Offline Guns Akimbo

• Captain
Re: Bandai mini ISD V2.1 Done!
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2017, 08:06:27 am »
Looking good, Guns!

Are ya gonna glue it, too?  ;)

Keep at it!

Steve

Thanks Steve!

The parts fit so securely that for the majority of the kit, no glue is needed...the only things that did get a dab of liquid cement were the domes and the linear array atop the bridge. Other than that, friction fit is the rule here.

Enterprise © Bloc