Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: [Star Trek Continues] New Episode - "What Ships Are For"  (Read 186 times)

Offline Gadgetron_3000

• Admiral
[Star Trek Continues] New Episode - "What Ships Are For"
« on: July 30, 2017, 03:48:06 pm »
Hi, Everyone!

A new episode of the excellent Star Trek Continues (www.startrekcontinues.com) fan series premiered today on YouTube and Vimeo:

Episode 09 - "What Ships Are For" - https://youtu.be/3VEZH8bqytA or https://vimeo.com/226223868

Just like their previous eight episodes, this one is really quite well done.  Here's the episode's tag:

Kirk struggles with aiding a society whose inhabitants view their isolated world in a very unique way.

If you have an hour to spare, this one is worth checking out!  Just click the YouTube or Vimeo link above.

:)
"They've done studies, you know.  60% of the time, it works every time."

-----

Google+: https://plus.google.com/109660073537038906328

Offline starsiegeplayer

• Admiral
  • In brightest day, in darkest night....
Re: [Star Trek Continues] New Episode - "What Ships Are For"
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2017, 09:06:20 pm »
This was really good. 

Offline MSgtUSAFRet

• Admiral
  • Fly! Fight! Win! And call me when you're back.
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2017, 03:28:13 pm »
Hey all,

I just finished watching it and the issues of racism and immigration were present and drove the storyline. It is a good story - worthy of the Series.

But the real treat is to watch Doug Drexler's CGI TOS Enterprise. It seems to me be to a loving recreation by not only a professional with a long history with Hollywood and Star Trek in general but also, specifically, by a fan of the TOS! His re-creation was made, granted in a computer, to be as big as the physical production model so the shots made in the PC would match those shots broadcast during the production of the 1960's show. Some of the shots shown were almost match framed to the series! Outstanding attention to detail and it makes my TOS heart very happy to see it!

Now if I can only get my hands to make as wonderful a physical scale model as he did a CGI model!  ;D

Ah, here's to dreaming!

Steve
"To be honest with you, Picard, a significant number of my crew members have expressed a desire to return even knowing the odds. Some because they can't bear to live without their loved ones, some because they don't like the idea of slipping out in the middle of a fight."

Offline karve

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2017, 01:25:04 pm »
One of the things I love about STC is that, like the original show, they will try to say something in each episode....make a statement .... as opposed to just spending an hour shooting Kingons.
  There is a very powerful message in this episode, which I can't go into without giving anything away.
 Of course the acting and the realism to the original show is up to its usual standards...man I'm going to miss it when they stop production.  :'(
Kevin

"Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us."
    Quote from Carl Sagan's 'Pale Blue Dot'  1994

Enterprise © Bloc