Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: So much to do... so little time!  (Read 117 times)

Offline whb64

• Captain
So much to do... so little time!
« on: July 30, 2017, 04:09:11 pm »
As the title says...  not enough time to do everything I want to do!

I am so far behind on everything.   The past two or more months not being able to see really set me back.  I am so far behind on a church conversion/restoration now that I don't have much time for much of anything else.  Then there are these kits!  I have to finish the Reliant I started, put the extra lights in the Vorcha, start another Reliant... then there are the 350 builds...  a 1400 scale ship set...

Somewhere in all that I also need to wire up all my RGB lights for my arcade buttons and configure LEDBlinky... oh, and I have to pack and move as well as try to get the rocker panels done on my truck!  I think I need a clone or two lol

Well on the bright side of things I won't be bored when I retire!  I have enough to keep me busy until I drop dead and then some

Offline manu

• Commander
Re: So much to do... so little time!
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2017, 04:00:05 am »
Hang in there whb. I also have too much to do and too little time for my hobbies.
Don't despair or get frustrated whenever you see how much there's left to do.
and start to structure and priority your activities.
Manu

Offline whb64

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2017, 08:45:59 am »
Nah not frustrated, I was actually smiling when I wrote that. 

I have enough to keep me busy for the rest of my life, which isn't a bad thing... I will never be bored that's for sure!

Offline Quarky

• Commander
  • Jamie
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2017, 11:15:59 am »
Well I started my D build more than a year ago so I can certainly identify with you on that! Life and work generally gets in the way of my hobby time!

I also have a stash that I know I'll probably never finish: but no harm in trying!
"We're made of star stuff"

Carl Sagan

Jamie

Offline pakratt840

• Admiral
  • NCC-1603 USS Ballista
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2017, 08:54:52 pm »
I'm one of those who starts or has several kits going on at once. Hard to keep them straight sometimes. I'll jump from build to build as my mood shifts. Some guys can focus on just one kit, work on it start to finish and never stray from it. God bless them! My very first kit I started when I re-entered the hobby is still unfinished. Ran into some lighting issues I still haven't resolved.I guess my point is that you are in good company, and enjoy the ride for what it is. Fun!

I also have a stash that I know I'll probably never finish: but no harm in trying!

@Quarky, that's half the fun, building the stash! The hard part is picking the next build. So many choices. :-\

Dan

Yoda & Luke discuss building the Refit
Luke: I'm not afraid!
Yoda: Oh...You will be...You...Will...Be!

Enterprise © Bloc