Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Greetings All!  (Read 280 times)

Offline Moonliner

• Ensign
Greetings All!
« on: July 31, 2017, 04:43:46 am »
Hello,
My name is Keith, and I live in seattle. In my youth (I'm 55 now) I loved to build models.... mostly the Aurora horror movie kits, with the occasional car or plane thrown in. I'm a big TNG fan and recently discovered the AMT955 clear Enterprise kit and got excited about revisiting my youth and building this model. It looks pretty involved, but I'm going to throw caution to the wind and give it a go. I see there are some kits available to help with the lighting and hiding of wires. If any of you have any other ideas or can offer some help/advice, it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Offline MSgtUSAFRet

• Admiral
  • Fly! Fight! Win! And call me when you're back.
Re: Greetings All!
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2017, 08:28:46 am »
Welcome Aboard, Keith!

You will find many here who are from the same generation as us so you'll fit in just fine!

If any of you have any other ideas or can offer some help/advice, it would be greatly appreciated.

There are many Master Builders here who will jump in and quickly answer your questions about lighting, modeling or whatever. (Philosophical questions may call for a different forum! :)  )

There is are a couple of section here on the boards you might have already seen: Tips and Tools and Modelers Questions Board. This is where you might want to search for general questions about modeling you may have and the Modelers Questions Board is where you might ask more specific questions.

Of course, if you have a question specifically about your build, you can ask on your WIP thread and people will jump in to answer. We all wanna help you do your best!

Sorry to be long winded!

Again, welcome to the boards!

Steve
"To be honest with you, Picard, a significant number of my crew members have expressed a desire to return even knowing the odds. Some because they can't bear to live without their loved ones, some because they don't like the idea of slipping out in the middle of a fight."

Offline karve

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2017, 05:45:30 am »
Welcome aboard Keith!
  Like Steve said, the folks here are really helpful and knowledgeable. Feel free to ask lots of questions.
  Make sure to start a WIP thread of your build and post lots of pictures!  :)
Kevin

"Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us."
    Quote from Carl Sagan's 'Pale Blue Dot'  1994

Offline pakratt840

• Admiral
  • NCC-1603 USS Ballista
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2017, 10:33:04 am »
Hi Keith! Welcome to the board. Just an FYI, Green Strawberry is going to make a photo etch set for the Clear "D" that looks really good in their preview photo. It corrects some inaccuracies, adds some enhanced detail, and perhaps most important on this kit, gives you a way to run wires for lighting the nacelles and covering the trenches effectively. Not sure when they plan on releasing it, hopefully soon though.
Dan

Yoda & Luke discuss building the Refit
Luke: I'm not afraid!
Yoda: Oh...You will be...You...Will...Be!

Offline AnythingSciFi

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2017, 08:55:51 pm »
Welcome aboard Keith!

We are all about helping! So, anything you need help with just ask!

Looking forward to your Ent D build!

Offline Moonliner

• Ensign
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2017, 05:23:03 pm »
Thank you everyone! I really appreciate the warm welcome and encouraging words! I know I'll need help and support to see this through to completion.
The etching pattern thing looks very helpful.

Enterprise © Bloc