Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Cutaway TOS Enterprise Clear parts  (Read 46 times)

Offline MSgtUSAFRet

• Admiral
  • All I ask is a tall ship & a star to steer her by.
Cutaway TOS Enterprise Clear parts
« on: August 10, 2017, 07:24:36 am »
Hey Fellow Modelers,

I was browsing Pintrest and this little gem popped up.

I was wondering if any of you excellent and wise modellers would know if the clear sides of the E are available for purchase. I also understand that this is a Diamond Select issue, but hot puppies, this is kewl! I further know I could cast my own, but, hopping kitties, this would be alot of work, stone and materials.

I would love to know if you know if they are available from aftermarket vendors; if so from whom? Or, if they aren't, then do you have any thoughts about how to make your own.

Whaddayathink? (Sound it out!  ;D )

Steve
"As long as there is injustice, whenever a Targathian baby cries out, wherever a distress signal sounds among the stars, we'll be there. This fine ship, this fine crew. Never give up... and never surrender."

Offline Macupar

• Admiral
    • Facebook
Re: Cutaway TOS Enterprise Clear parts
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2017, 11:07:27 pm »
That looks awesome. I have a feeling you will have to make your own. The best way will be to make a mold of the solid piece that fits in that section and then make a clear resin replacement. it will be an investment but one you might be able to make some side money on if you are able to make nice clean and clear parts.

Enterprise © Bloc