Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Is it a bird, is it a plane , nah it's Viz  (Read 162 times)

Offline viz

• Ensign
Is it a bird, is it a plane , nah it's Viz
« on: August 10, 2017, 07:34:17 am »
Hi Everone

Thanks for allowing me to join this forum. My name is not Viz but it is a shorted version of my full name  It is also the name of a daft British comic. Sort of suits me fine. After all I am a bit daft and comic looking. I do love my SciFi. For years I collected autographs, limited edition memorabilia,DVDs and Blu rays, comics etc. About a year ago at a Star Trek Convention I heard that Eaglemoss was doing The Delorean Part build. That started it. I am now doing The BTTF Delorean by Eaglemoss and R2D2 by Deagostini . However being partworks there is little customization or putting your own creativity to it to make it screen accurate as it can be. Although I am enjoying it very much. I am also collecting parts for Deagostini's Millennium Falcon ,Hachetts Black Pear and Eaglemoss's Aston Martin DB5.I have also signed up to the Thunderbird 2 model by Deagostini. I have however taken on the Star Trek TOS  USS Enterprise from Revell as my first project of this type. I thought it would be simple but to my delight it is not. I am complicating things a lot . It is just my way. I would love to do the Polar Lights version though . At the moment I have put things on hold as I have a very poor knowledge of electronics which I am working on remedying . I just want to say that when I post models I am NOT the sensitive type, so feel free to criticize and poke fun. I love that kind of thing and encourage it.It is a lot more fun that way. Hope you enjoy having me as a member.

Offline MSgtUSAFRet

• Admiral
  • All I ask is a tall ship & a star to steer her by.
Re: Is it a bird, is it a plane , nah it's Viz
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2017, 08:21:55 am »
Welcome to the Board, Viz!

After all I am a bit daft and comic looking.

You'll fit in fine, here!  ;D

I look forward to seeing your work!

LLAP!

Steve

"As long as there is injustice, whenever a Targathian baby cries out, wherever a distress signal sounds among the stars, we'll be there. This fine ship, this fine crew. Never give up... and never surrender."

Offline karve

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2017, 05:46:45 am »
Welcome aboard Viz!
  Jump right in and have fun. Don't forget to post lots of pictures of your work!  :)
Kevin

"Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us."
    Quote from Carl Sagan's 'Pale Blue Dot'  1994

Offline pakratt840

• Admiral
  • NCC-1603 USS Ballista
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2017, 10:14:16 am »
Welcome to the forum Viz! Sounds like you've got quite a few projects going. You'll fit right in here, where a lot of us can't build just one. ;) Kevin's right. Lots of pictures, please!
Dan

Yoda & Luke discuss building the Refit
Luke: I'm not afraid!
Yoda: Oh...You will be...You...Will...Be!

Offline AnythingSciFi

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2017, 08:56:56 pm »
Welcome to the board Viz!

Offline pongko

• pongko
  • Ensign
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2017, 04:24:32 am »
Agree with the comment above

Offline TK Iain