Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Is it a bird, is it a plane , nah it's Viz  (Read 234 times)

Offline viz

• Ensign
Is it a bird, is it a plane , nah it's Viz
« on: August 10, 2017, 07:34:17 am »
Hi Everone

Thanks for allowing me to join this forum. My name is not Viz but it is a shorted version of my full name  It is also the name of a daft British comic. Sort of suits me fine. After all I am a bit daft and comic looking. I do love my SciFi. For years I collected autographs, limited edition memorabilia,DVDs and Blu rays, comics etc. About a year ago at a Star Trek Convention I heard that Eaglemoss was doing The Delorean Part build. That started it. I am now doing The BTTF Delorean by Eaglemoss and R2D2 by Deagostini . However being partworks there is little customization or putting your own creativity to it to make it screen accurate as it can be. Although I am enjoying it very much. I am also collecting parts for Deagostini's Millennium Falcon ,Hachetts Black Pear and Eaglemoss's Aston Martin DB5.I have also signed up to the Thunderbird 2 model by Deagostini. I have however taken on the Star Trek TOS  USS Enterprise from Revell as my first project of this type. I thought it would be simple but to my delight it is not. I am complicating things a lot . It is just my way. I would love to do the Polar Lights version though . At the moment I have put things on hold as I have a very poor knowledge of electronics which I am working on remedying . I just want to say that when I post models I am NOT the sensitive type, so feel free to criticize and poke fun. I love that kind of thing and encourage it.It is a lot more fun that way. Hope you enjoy having me as a member.

Offline MSgtUSAFRet

• Admiral
  • Fly! Fight! Win! And call me when you're back.
Re: Is it a bird, is it a plane , nah it's Viz
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2017, 08:21:55 am »
Welcome to the Board, Viz!

After all I am a bit daft and comic looking.

You'll fit in fine, here!  ;D

I look forward to seeing your work!

LLAP!

Steve

"To be honest with you, Picard, a significant number of my crew members have expressed a desire to return even knowing the odds. Some because they can't bear to live without their loved ones, some because they don't like the idea of slipping out in the middle of a fight."

Offline karve

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2017, 05:46:45 am »
Welcome aboard Viz!
  Jump right in and have fun. Don't forget to post lots of pictures of your work!  :)
Kevin

"Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us."
    Quote from Carl Sagan's 'Pale Blue Dot'  1994

Offline pakratt840

• Admiral
  • NCC-1603 USS Ballista
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2017, 10:14:16 am »
Welcome to the forum Viz! Sounds like you've got quite a few projects going. You'll fit right in here, where a lot of us can't build just one. ;) Kevin's right. Lots of pictures, please!
Dan

Yoda & Luke discuss building the Refit
Luke: I'm not afraid!
Yoda: Oh...You will be...You...Will...Be!

Offline AnythingSciFi

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2017, 08:56:56 pm »
Welcome to the board Viz!

Offline pongko

• pongko
  • Ensign
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2017, 04:24:32 am »
Agree with the comment above

Offline TK Iain