Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: HDA Modelworx pre-wired SMDs---what wire is this?  (Read 119 times)

Offline greg

• Commander
  • aka SteveTheFish, TurkeyVolumeGuessingMan
    • Greg's Neat-o Homepage
HDA Modelworx pre-wired SMDs---what wire is this?
« on: September 07, 2017, 12:33:47 am »
I've become acquaintances with Jerry @ HDA and we have some good conversations. His responses can be sporadic though. He'd told me that the wires that come with his SMDs are AWG28, but I do not believe that is correct. I bought some AWG28 wire from an online electronics store here in Japan and it is definitely thicker than the wire that comes with the SMDs. I've asked him to confirm, but he hasn't responded. I figure I could get a faster answer on here.

I like the AWG28 wire I bought and I am sure I will use it a lot, but I'd also like to try getting some of the same stuff that comes with the SMDs. I like it better than magnet wire because magnet wire is stiff and can break if bent too often.

I bought some wire strippers here in Japan that can strip wire as small as AWG30, but even those wire strippers aren't fine enough to strip the wires that come with HDA's SMDs. Jerry says he strips his with his teeth. I've had better luck using my fingernails.

Enterprise © Bloc