Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Beginners 537 Ent-A  (Read 284 times)

Offline MrBrightside

• Ensign
Beginners 537 Ent-A
« on: September 14, 2017, 08:01:48 pm »
Here is an Enterprise-A I completed awhile back. The pictures I have are with the saucer and nacelles attached and glue drying. I used DVDs stacked because they were the only things i could use to get the height right. I did this one for the size and not for the accuracy. Everyone knows it is terrible for being finicky and grossly inaccurate.

This is a very Plain Jane rendition. I painted it with rattle cans and Testors. I completed and painted the sub-assemblies before I ever knew of TrekWorks and the modeling forums (2011). Then in 2015, I picked the kit back up and used a little of what I had learned from reading online. I bought an airbrush and finished it with Future. I didn't know anything about accuracy, sanding, filling, painting and electronic techniques. I wish I had more pics, but I gifted it to my brother.

Offline MattA

• Admiral
  • Am I doing this right?
Re: Beginners 537 Ent-A
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2017, 08:19:14 am »
She looks good!  It's hard to get that kit to look decent.  I say this from experience! ;D
Builder of all things StarShip...

Offline greg

• Commander
  • aka SteveTheFish, TurkeyVolumeGuessingMan
    • Greg's Neat-o Homepage
Re: Beginners 537 Ent-A
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2017, 08:40:45 pm »
Well, if there is one thing I could learn from you sharing this, it's that using DVDs is a good idea! This turned out nice. Thanks for sharing.

Enterprise © Bloc