Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: TOS E Warp Engine Motor and Running/Strobe Lights - Custom Solution  (Read 1657 times)

Offline RossW

• Captain
Re: TOS E Warp Engine Motor and Running/Strobe Lights - Custom Solution
« Reply #45 on: December 29, 2017, 09:13:26 pm »
Hi Ross, I'm trying to put together the main board and I'm having trouble finding which capacitor goes in the C7 spot on the back of the board.  I don't see it on your parts list, but I can see something is installed there on your photos.

There is no C7 - there is a C5 (0.1uF, 1206 SMD) on the back of the board but that's it. Where did you see that?

EDIT: I think I know what's happened - I renumbered all the parts after taking the photos, so if you're looking at the JPEGs in my Google Drive folder you see a "C7" on the back of the board, but that's now C5. Go by the parts list and the schematic.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 09:15:37 pm by RossW »

Offline Tshark

• Ensign
« Reply #46 on: February 06, 2018, 02:32:40 pm »
Hi Ross, I'm trying to put together the main board and I'm having trouble finding which capacitor goes in the C7 spot on the back of the board.  I don't see it on your parts list, but I can see something is installed there on your photos.

There is no C7 - there is a C5 (0.1uF, 1206 SMD) on the back of the board but that's it. Where did you see that?

EDIT: I think I know what's happened - I renumbered all the parts after taking the photos, so if you're looking at the JPEGs in my Google Drive folder you see a "C7" on the back of the board, but that's now C5. Go by the parts list and the schematic.

I just soldered up the main board.  As posted above be sure to follow the schematic with special attention to the capacitors.  C5 (parts list/schematic) is soldered in the C7 position on the back of the board and C1 (parts list/schematic) is soldered in the C4 position on the board.  Everything else seems correct.

Offline RossW

• Captain
« Reply #47 on: February 06, 2018, 05:16:21 pm »
Note that I updated the parts list spreadsheet to match the Eagle schematic/board. So, when you order the board the part #s will match the parts list.

Enterprise © Bloc