Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Arduino and sound/video  (Read 110 times)

Online whb64

• Captain
Arduino and sound/video
« on: September 17, 2017, 09:40:59 pm »
I am still extremely new to Arduino- in fact I haven't even gotten to that stage of my build yet. 

I have a few questions on what is possible and what isn't.  I have seen wireless remote modules that can be added so I know that can be done, I just don't know how to do it yet.

Is there a way to incorporate sound?  As in when the phasers or photon torpedoes are fired you hear the sound fx sync'd with the lights?  Also things like warp and impulse sounds controlled by the buttons that turn on those components?

Last...  is there a way to sync to a video file?  I'm not sure if this can be done, but I'd like to incorporate a tablet with some of my 350 builds and if possible have the buttons on the tablet as well as an option to play a video clip and when in the video the phasers fire, they fire on the model as well.  I know that's asking for a lot, but the question is can it be done?

Offline Caladonis

• Captain
Re: Arduino and sound/video
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2017, 04:13:57 am »
There is an excellent post that covers what you are looking for that does lights and sounds using just and arduino and a SD module (to store the sounds) with a few other odds and ends

See this link -- http://scifimodelaction.com/sfmaforum/index.php?topic=3638.0

Adding IR remote is a bit of work, but easy.

I could put together a "sample" project if you are interested.

Online whb64

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2017, 12:44:35 pm »
Yes I would be very interested

Offline Caladonis

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2017, 07:38:33 pm »
There is an excellent post that covers what you are looking for that does lights and sounds using just and arduino and a SD module (to store the sounds) with a few other odds and ends

See this link -- http://scifimodelaction.com/sfmaforum/index.php?topic=3638.0

Adding IR remote is a bit of work, but easy.

I could put together a "sample" project if you are interested.

Ok, I have built the circuit up with the strobes, navs and photons and IR remote and it is all working, but have changed quite a bit and need to get the documentation together. For example, I am using an amplified speaker that is available fairly cheaply off the shelf and sounds way better than a tiny speaker and replaced all the transistors with an UNL2003 driver IC (easier to hook up IMO), but all the code is unchanged except the addition of the IR part. Will get the new schematic done in a day or so,

« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 07:40:15 pm by Caladonis »

Online whb64

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2017, 03:57:09 am »
Thanks for working on this Caladonis.

I know everything has its limitations, but I am also pretty sure the Arduino boards can do a lot!

By the way, for my 1701 builds I will be using an Arduino Mega board, so plenty of outputs.

Enterprise © Bloc