Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 1/1000 Andromeda  (Read 980 times)

Offline starsiegeplayer

• Admiral
  • In brightest day, in darkest night....
Re: 1/1000 Andromeda
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2018, 03:21:37 am »
Andromeda is looking pretty sweet!

Offline MSgtUSAFRet

• Admiral
  • Fly! Fight! Win! And call me when you're back.
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2018, 07:56:10 am »
Si, I was gonna build a 1/500 Yamato here, but, after seeing your Jedi Level builds and posts, I'm not so sure! :)

Maybe I will build it but only show fuzzy pics! :D

This build, as per your usual, it awesome and inspirational! Makes me wanna build better! Love the greeblies you added and the clean pics.

Do you have a photobooth? What is your photographic equipment of choice?

Steady as she goes!

Steve
"To be honest with you, Picard, a significant number of my crew members have expressed a desire to return even knowing the odds. Some because they can't bear to live without their loved ones, some because they don't like the idea of slipping out in the middle of a fight."

Offline Madhatter

• Commander
  • Plastic Surgeon in Training
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2018, 09:02:14 am »
thanks Steve - your very kind. I'm no Jedi though - just an ordinary guy who's probably a bit OCD  ;D

You should definitely build the Yamato!! It's a great kit and if you want to go the whole lighting hog, you should ask Warren (AKA Madmonk) if he can do the lighting set for you as he did for me - it's a work of art!

I can be anal retentive when it comes to pictures. All too many times I've seen a great build which is marred by crappy, hastily taken pics which are blurred, either over or under exposed and just outright poorly lit. I know not everyone has access to a DSLR etc but these days you don't even need one. A Galaxy or an iPhone can take a great shot. It doesn't take a lot of effort to get a good shot and one that's in focus.
I personally don't have a photo booth - I just use white card on a flat surface in good light (usually taken outside when possible). I use a Canon EOS500D with a Canon 24-70mm Lens (the one with a red band on it) and a tripod. The camera is usually set to F22 to get the highest depth of field possible and for most shoots, the ISO is around 800 (light dependent).
One tip I picked up a few years ago to ensure a good in focus shot when you don't have a release cable is to use the 2 second timer (works on a phone too if it has that feature). Press it and move your hand away and hey presto - you get no lens shake at all and a nice clear image afterwards.
I hope some of the above helps in some way (sorry for the rant)
Thanks again for the compliment Steve
Si

Offline scottminium

• Admiral
  • No matter where you go, there you are.
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2018, 05:57:47 pm »
Awesome looking!
"I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment... because they'll never come again."

Offline Madhatter

• Commander
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2018, 08:29:18 am »
I had the camera out today so I thought I'd snap a few pics of where I am with the Andromeda. It's almost ready for paint. I just need to add some details to the bottom and then it's all ready for painting.

I'm pretty happy with how it's coming out. I know some people don't like 'borgifying' clean lines, but that's OK.

That's all I have for now but I think it'll pass as an update

Thanks for looking

Si

Offline MSgtUSAFRet

• Admiral
  • Fly! Fight! Win! And call me when you're back.
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2018, 07:45:57 am »
thanks Steve - your very kind. I'm no Jedi though - just an ordinary guy who's probably a bit OCD  ;D

eh. I'll give ya that, but I won't say you're alone in this!  ;D

You should definitely build the Yamato!! It's a great kit and if you want to go the whole lighting hog, you should ask Warren (AKA Madmonk) if he can do the lighting set for you as he did for me - it's a work of art!

I'll look at his site and see if I can pick it up! But at this point, it may be years from now as the stash and build line is growing! :D

Thanks, Si, for the camera info. I have a DSLR camera. I should pull it out and try my hand at your technique.

Keep going! The build looks great!

Steve
"To be honest with you, Picard, a significant number of my crew members have expressed a desire to return even knowing the odds. Some because they can't bear to live without their loved ones, some because they don't like the idea of slipping out in the middle of a fight."

Offline scottminium

• Admiral
  • No matter where you go, there you are.
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2018, 08:28:46 pm »
These kits are officially on the "must own and build" list, thanks to your builds, Si!
"I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment... because they'll never come again."

Offline jwood314

• Captain
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2018, 10:26:04 pm »
This is AWESOME!!!!

Offline Madhatter

• Commander
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2018, 02:01:59 am »
thanks guys  :)

I love these kits - they are so easy to put together and light and they look cool. I'll be starting the Garmillian winged cruiser form Set #3 soon which I'll do a WIP for as it's one of my favourite designs. I'll include the UX-01 Sub as well in the thread as it's quite a unique design. I didn't like it at first but it's really grown on me.
The Andromeda goes into the paint shop tomorrow so  it's not far from the end. I still have to make a base for it and the Yuunagi

Thanks for the interest guys.
Si

Enterprise © Bloc