Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Here Lie Dragons  (Read 342 times)

Offline Migmaker

• Ensign
Re: Here Lie Dragons
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2017, 11:35:33 pm »
Oooo, my favorite Dragon of all time...i collect pretty much anything that I can find on her!

Will

Offline Madhatter

• Lieutenant
  • Plastic Surgeon in Training
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2017, 04:07:51 am »
way cool. I have a mate of mine who also has one of these but I am yet to see him build it. You've done a masterful job in cleanign up the seams. You'd never know they were there

Offline madmonk

• Commander
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2017, 05:01:56 am »
I would suggest painting the inside of the mouth carefully, a lot of sharp teeth in there!!

Sorry couldn't resist, will get my coat!

Offline TK Iain

• Admiral
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2017, 11:16:46 am »
Warren - you need help! :o

Anyhoo - work on the dragon has continued and the actual construction bit is finished so all I need to to is to wait for all the various greens/browns I've ordered to arrive and then the fun can really start.

I got her mouth to point where I was happy with it.

Once the gloss had dried I painted her teeth white and then applied a yellow wash to tone them down a bit.

I just had to attach her head once all that was done and now I have a dragon that's in one piece and waiting for the painting to start. Just a little bit of seam work on her right cheek and we're sorted.

Some wet and dry work later and she's good to go.

All goes well I plan on starting the painting by the weekend with lots of dragon type greens and browns.

Having a ball with this build and I hope you are enjoying watching her come together.
Iain

Offline modelerdave

• Ensign
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2017, 02:17:27 pm »
Love it! Great work!

Offline scottminium

• Admiral
  • "Not chess, Mr. Spock. Poker!"
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2017, 07:08:08 pm »
very niiice.
"If there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

Offline TK Iain

• Admiral
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2017, 03:05:08 am »
Back again.

The beastie/dragon is done and dusted after a coupe of days grafting away on the olde' bench. She has been painted in Vallejo Model Air colours and at the last count 12 various shades of greens, browns and reds where combined to bring her to life. I am certainly going to get at least one more of these kits for the stash as like I have said I love anything to do with dragons and the folklore behind them.

The belly of the beast was painted first as up to that point I was'nt too sure as to what her main body would be like. Brown, sand brown, hull red and a tint of grey went into her belly scales. The next pic show what I mean but this is'nt the final stage for her belly.

A touch of white has been added to the edge of her belly scales and I will need to take a better picture to show them.

Once I was happy at that point it was time to move on to the main body. Masking off her mouth proved to be a total pain but I get there eventually after about 30 mins of swearing, cursing and wasted masking tape. Then it was out with the airbrush and away we went.

There we have it for my dragon and I hope that you like her as much as I do. I still have to start the base and that will be some time next week but should'nt be long before my collection has a dragon sitting amongst it.
Iain

Offline scottminium

• Admiral
  • "Not chess, Mr. Spock. Poker!"
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2017, 06:54:27 pm »
A very nice wyrm.  About as lifelike as fantasy can be.  Many models here inspire me to try my own some day.  Adding this to the list.
"If there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

Offline karve

• Admiral
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2017, 06:23:43 am »
It's amazing work Ian!
 You keep taking your skills to new levels with every build. Your painting is among the best I've ever seen. The fine textures and shading is second to none. Excellent!
Kevin

"Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us."
    Quote from Carl Sagan's 'Pale Blue Dot'  1994

Offline Lestatdelc

• Captain
    • Third Wave Design
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2017, 12:11:08 pm »
Way late to this thread, but this is looking sweet. And hands down, Vermatrax was and remains the coolest and most bad-ass looking dragon in cinema. Phil Tippet and his crew at ILM really nailed it.
Follow along with my Star Trek: The Motion Picture Polar Lights 1:350 scale U.S.S. Enterprise build on my website, Third Wave Design

Offline pakratt840

• Admiral
  • NCC-1603 USS Ballista
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2017, 02:08:14 pm »
It's amazing work Ian!
 You keep taking your skills to new levels with every build. Your painting is among the best I've ever seen. The fine textures and shading is second to none. Excellent!

Agreed!!
Dan

Yoda & Luke discuss building the Refit
Luke: I'm not afraid!
Yoda: Oh...You will be...You...Will...Be!

Offline TK Iain

• Admiral
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2017, 02:36:04 am »
Thanks guys for your kind comments.

The dragon is on hold for a bit as I am trying to finish off the big Star Destroyer for next months charity ball auction.
Iain

Enterprise © Bloc