Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Deluxe Materials Perfect Plastic Putty  (Read 77 times)

Offline whb64

• Captain
Deluxe Materials Perfect Plastic Putty
« on: October 08, 2017, 09:41:09 am »
Deluxe Materials Perfect Plastic Putty

I don't know what you guys use for filling seams and general putty work, I started using Perfect Plastic Putty by Deluxe Materials and I have to say I think this is the best stuff I have ever used or seen.

It's water based so it's super easy to clean up.  Being water based also means you can dip your finger in water and run it over the putty to smooth it out and it is almost perfect at that point!  I use the syringe applicator and with that you can really get into nooks and crannies and apply the putty very precisely.  Virtually no waste.  It also takes minimal sanding... that is if you even need to.    Once it dries it is nice and hard and you can sand or drill it.  Super easy, super precise, and super easy to clean up.

I love this stuff!

Offline karve

• Admiral
Re: Deluxe Materials Perfect Plastic Putty
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2017, 06:35:01 am »
Ya I like it as well. The only problem I have with it is that it dries up in the tube. I've added a bit of water to it occasionally to keep it soft but it doesn't last.
Kevin

"Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us."
    Quote from Carl Sagan's 'Pale Blue Dot'  1994

Offline pakratt840

• Admiral
  • NCC-1603 USS Ballista
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2017, 08:38:48 pm »
Ya I like it as well. The only problem I have with it is that it dries up in the tube. I've added a bit of water to it occasionally to keep it soft but it doesn't last.

I've had the same issue with Perfect Plastic drying in the tube. I also like the Vallejo Acrylic Putty. It's also water based and is similar in workability to the Perfect Plastic Putty, plus it has a slender applicator tip with a cap. When I bought my PPP, it came with an applicator tip, but no way to seal it so you wasted everything in the length of the applicator. Perhaps they have corrected that packaging flaw.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 08:41:21 pm by pakratt840 »
Dan

Yoda & Luke discuss building the Refit
Luke: I'm not afraid!
Yoda: Oh...You will be...You...Will...Be!

Offline whb64

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2017, 04:38:53 am »
So far I haven't had any issues with it drying out, but I haven't had it long term.

I have been using it with the syringe on the 537 Enterprise 'brick pattern' and so far it is a breeze to turn it into a 'smoothie'.

Enterprise © Bloc