Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Harbor Freight Goodies  (Read 198 times)

Offline whb64

• Captain
Harbor Freight Goodies
« on: October 08, 2017, 11:00:04 am »
I know a lot of people say Harbor Freight tools are garbage, especially their power tools... I personally have never had any problems with any of the power tools I bought there. 

That said, I wanted a Dremel flex shaft for my Dremel.  What I found at Harbor Freight was not only a flex shaft (that does fit my Dremel brand) but a whole kit that included a variable speed cordless rotary tool with accessories.  The Dremel brand flex tool runs around $29 and this HF kit is a whopping.... $29!  Now I don't have to take my Dremel out of the Dremel drill press.  The kit also comes with a rather slick color LED light that screws on the rotary tool and makes it nice and easy to see what you are working on.

I highly recommend this kit.  It won't break the bank and if you already have a Dremel this is a nice spare, or like in my case you no longer have to remove your Dremel from the press.

Also their airbrush compressor has been working flawlessly for me.  Again some people bash it, but for $89 it includes a basic air brush (it will get you started but I'd replace it) and it has a regulator and water trap.  I'm not sure why their stand alone compressor doesn't have a regulator, that's why I went with the package.

Offline RockyD88

• Commander
Re: Harbor Freight Goodies
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2017, 12:22:44 pm »
 is it the orange Chicago electric one? if so I also have it I bought it several years ago the only thing I don't like is the batteries are pretty cheap and eventually will stop charging

Offline pakratt840

• Admiral
  • NCC-1603 USS Ballista
Re: Harbor Freight Goodies
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2017, 11:45:04 am »
I'm not sure why their stand alone compressor doesn't have a regulator, that's why I went with the package.

I bought a combo compressor and single action AB from them last year, and was disappointed when the compressor arrived without a regulator. I sent it back. The advert clearly showed a regulator. Kind of soured me on dealing with HF for the time being. That flex attachment sounds good though. May have to check it out.
Dan

Yoda & Luke discuss building the Refit
Luke: I'm not afraid!
Yoda: Oh...You will be...You...Will...Be!

Enterprise © Bloc