Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Wanting to buy 1701  (Read 82 times)

Offline Bosshogg1963

• Ensign
Wanting to buy 1701
« on: November 15, 2017, 11:12:22 pm »
Hey y'all,
               I'm new here. So bare with me. I'm looking for an original series Star Trek tv program. Of the Enterprise 1701. I think that's right. With the running lights. The polar lights. With the bay door open. The detail of the ship. As much as I can get in one. For a fairly small budget. If anyone has one for sale. Please message me with pics. Or video if you can. I'm a Star Trek fan. But just getting into it now. I've watched the original series with my neighborhood kids. When I was a boy. Then we would go outside and play Star Trek. I have a lot to learn. And I'm 53 years old lol. My wife recently passed away. So I'm looking into another hobby. Thank you for looking.

Keith

Offline Mstowell

• Admiral
  • Gort! Barenga!
Re: Wanting to buy 1701
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2017, 09:08:35 pm »
Plenty for sale on eBay. In a few different sizes.
Matt

Offline Bosshogg1963

• Ensign
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2017, 08:44:05 pm »
Thanks for the tip. I don't know how to trust on there. Thought I would have better luck on here. But I guess not.

Offline MSgtUSAFRet

• Admiral
  • All I ask is a tall ship & a star to steer her by.
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2017, 07:58:40 am »
Bosshogg1963,

You can always look on Amazon, CultTVman or even Federation Models for a kit. But, it really depends on which scale you want (350, 650,1000, or 2500) as to which model you want to get.

From you description of what you want it sounds to me like you want the Polar Lights 1/350 scale TOS Enterprise.

https://www.amazon.com/Original-Enterprise-NCC-1701-Anniversary-Model/dp/B01N5E3N2M/ref=sr_1_1?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1511271886&sr=1-1&keywords=1%2F350+Star+Trek+The+Original+Series+Enterprise+NCC-1701+50th+Anniversary+Edition+Model+Kit&dpID=61V%252BB2-0j4L&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch Link for the model

https://www.amazon.com/Polar-Lights-PLLMKA007-Enterprise-Light/dp/B0090TOVY8 This is the Polar Lights light kit. It is a standard kit for the model by the OEM. Many others third party vendors like Tenacontrols and HDA modelworx have kits that are available for purchase on their websites.

There are also photoetched parts for tricking out the model. Many (a majority) of the builders get these parts too and they add a lot of detail to the model and look awesome!

https://www.amazon.com/Paragrafix-Enterprise-Supplemental-Photoetch-PGX165/dp/B00FN2SDV8/ref=pd_sim_21_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=JB1FZQM0T5FW5ECV8E67

http://hdamodelworx.com/Star-Trek-Photo-Etch-Sheet-for-the-1350-Scale-TOS-USS-Enterprise-NCC-1701-by-Polar-LightsRound2_p_427.html

Most modelers, like me, once that get all the bells and whistles of this large kit (the assembled model is 33" long when assembled) usually hold on to it and build it only once; which may explain why many are hesitant to trade or sell. Professionals build multiple ships on commission, but someone else has paid for the kit and all the stuff ahead of time.

Don't be discouraged. There are alot of online outlets where you can find the kit without having to use Evil-Bay. I bought all of the above online and had it delivered to my front door.

Hope this helps! If you decide to get and start building the kit, I would love to see what you do with it! I love ST:TOS and would be very interested!

LLAP!

Steve
"As long as there is injustice, whenever a Targathian baby cries out, wherever a distress signal sounds among the stars, we'll be there. This fine ship, this fine crew. Never give up... and never surrender."

Offline Bosshogg1963

• Ensign
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2017, 09:10:21 pm »
Thank you very much, for your reply. Very helpful. You do want one with the polar lights.

Enterprise © Bloc