Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Monogram 1966 Shelby Cobra S/C *Finished*  (Read 95 times)

Offline MiniMadnessR53

• Ensign
  • Jadon
Monogram 1966 Shelby Cobra S/C *Finished*
« on: October 14, 2017, 07:44:03 am »
Did this model ( I believe it's a 1:16 ) before I joined the forums, so I unfortunately don't have any progression photos. But, let me know what y'all think ;)
"Per Aspera Ad Astra" and I will see you...Starside.

Offline karve

• Admiral
Re: Monogram 1966 Shelby Cobra S/C *Finished*
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2017, 06:34:05 am »
Wow...very nice!
Kevin

"Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us."
    Quote from Carl Sagan's 'Pale Blue Dot'  1994

Offline MSgtUSAFRet

• Admiral
  • All I ask is a tall ship & a star to steer her by.
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2017, 07:30:11 am »
Jadon, this looks fantastic and gorgeous!

The copper color of the body, the chroming of the pipes and engine parts is superb! The attention to detail is astonishing!

Well done!

Steve

BTW - when are you gonna step us through a build log? Would love to see more of your work!
"As long as there is injustice, whenever a Targathian baby cries out, wherever a distress signal sounds among the stars, we'll be there. This fine ship, this fine crew. Never give up... and never surrender."

Offline MiniMadnessR53

• Ensign
  • Jadon
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2017, 10:28:05 am »
Jadon, this looks fantastic and gorgeous!

The copper color of the body, the chroming of the pipes and engine parts is superb! The attention to detail is astonishing!

Well done!

Steve

BTW - when are you gonna step us through a build log? Would love to see more of your work!

Thank you Steve!

I plan on getting a build log set up on my next build. I want to do a 1:350 model here soon. Maybe pick one up on Friday. To be honest, I haven't had much practice with larger models and think that this would be a great way to get some practice and pointers from the Forum =)

P.S This model was my first actual model. I actually paint Miniature Figures for tabletop games like DnD to get my hand painting skills down. But I think that 1:350 models are going to be a little to big to hand paint. Might need a spray gun of some sort haha. Any pointers, are always appreciate =)
"Per Aspera Ad Astra" and I will see you...Starside.

Enterprise © Bloc