Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Replacement stand ideas for a 1:1000 TOS Enterprise?  (Read 72 times)

Offline Spencer

• Physicist and Astronomer
  • Admiral
  • "Well ... let's play this out logically then ..."
    • My Google+ Page
Replacement stand ideas for a 1:1000 TOS Enterprise?
« on: October 15, 2017, 07:40:12 pm »
Hey guys,

Something unfortunate happened a couple days ago. My 1:1000 Enterprise was sitting happily on my entertainment center, when the clock I had on the wall
behind it fell. Still haven't figured out how that happened, but it hit the model dead on.

I thought it was toast, but it survived. Everything I had cemented was still fine. Everything I left snapped came apart, but went back together without issue,
with one exception of course ...

The problem is that I had epoxied the model to the base to make sure it stayed. When it went flying across the room, it broke off at the mounting pegs. The decals
took a little damage and there is a small crack, but more importantly, the pegs are still epoxied in there.

For now, I just have an old block of wood, which I cut and put some finish on it. I think it looks okay.

Slightly blurry picture ...

I have a spare kit stand I wouldn't use in a future build, but I'm not keen on going in there and drilling out those holes, at least for the moment I'm not.

Any ideas for a replacement, or should I leave it as is. Thoughts and opinions please.

Spencer
« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 07:44:28 pm by Spencer »

Offline starsiegeplayer

• Admiral
  • In brightest day, in darkest night....
Re: Replacement stand ideas for a 1:1000 TOS Enterprise?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2017, 09:13:48 pm »
I've had to scratchbuild replacement stands for several trek models.    I've found this simple design to be pretty stable and easy to build.   

Offline LynnInDenver

• Commander
    • My husband and I on YouTube - TG256
Re: Replacement stand ideas for a 1:1000 TOS Enterprise?
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2017, 10:11:07 pm »
I had the same thing happen... I just bought one of the smaller Polar Lights dome bases like what comes with later releases of the kit, and drilled a hole to match in the model.

Enterprise © Bloc