Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Spindrift from Land of the Giants by Polar Lights  (Read 298 times)

Offline trekriffic

• Lord Dark Spot
  • Captain
    • My Albums
Re: Spindrift from Land of the Giants by Polar Lights
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2017, 10:41:49 am »
Thanks Karve. Thanks Manu. Overall, I am quite pleased with how the passenger chairs are turning out. Over the weekend I painted the frames with Model Master aluminum enamel. Still some black bands to paint on back of the seats (straps to hold the seatback to the frame) and straps to hold the red headrest to the top of each seat. Alternatively I may use black decal material. Would make for a neater look so probably will go that route instead of paint. I'll see about posting some more pics today.
Steve

Him: "Chinese voices in his head? That's a little weird."
Her: "But... you hear voices don't you?"
Him: "Not Chinese!"

Offline MSgtUSAFRet

• Admiral
  • All I ask is a tall ship & a star to steer her by.
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2017, 12:07:22 pm »
Trekriffic, one day, I'm gonna grow up (however unlikely that will be) and be a real model artist like you!

Outstanding detail work! Your magnifier loops must be set on a bazillion to make the yoke and the seats!

Keep going!

Steve
"As long as there is injustice, whenever a Targathian baby cries out, wherever a distress signal sounds among the stars, we'll be there. This fine ship, this fine crew. Never give up... and never surrender."

Offline trekriffic

• Lord Dark Spot
  • Captain
    • My Albums
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2017, 01:05:06 pm »
Your magnifier loops must be set on a bazillion to make the yoke and the seats!

You would think that but, to be honest, I just use my naked eyeballs for most of this work. Sometimes there's a benefit to being nearsighted!  ;D
Steve

Him: "Chinese voices in his head? That's a little weird."
Her: "But... you hear voices don't you?"
Him: "Not Chinese!"

Enterprise © Bloc