Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Hey y'all  (Read 48 times)

Offline Bosshogg1963

• Ensign
Hey y'all
« on: November 16, 2017, 07:00:52 pm »
I'm Keith,from North Carolina.lm 53 years old. I'm a a widower. Who's been married to my wonderful wife for 19 years. I'm a Star Trek fan, Indiana Jones fan. I remember watching Star Trek when I was a kid. With my neighborhood friends. Then go outside and act it out. Those were fun times then. I hope to get a chance to know y'all.

Offline gal8150

• Lieutenant
Re: Hey y'all
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2017, 07:36:40 am »
Welcome Keith!  So sorry to hear of your loss. You've joined yourself a great community of builders here.   You'd be hard pressed to find a more supportive group of fans and sci fi model hobbyists than here.  Hope to see some of your work in the future! 

All my best,

Nick

Offline Bosshogg1963

• Ensign
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2017, 12:58:55 pm »
Thank you, I've been searching to buy a original series Star Trek Enterprise. I put a post in. But no replies yet. Do you know of anyone that's selling one on here by chance?

Offline MSgtUSAFRet

• Admiral
  • All I ask is a tall ship & a star to steer her by.
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2017, 07:38:36 am »
Bosshogg1963, Welcome to the boards!

Sorry for the loss of your lifemate. That's tough. Glad to see you are wanting to pick up a hobby; this one is pretty awesome!

As for the original Enterprise (I guess I will have to look at your post) you shouldn't have any trouble finding one of the TOS in nearly every conceivable scale. I've done 2 AMT 1/650 TOS Enterprises (1 was a restore and the other a modified Out Of Box (OOB)). These were the ones that were available when we were kids. (I acted out the episodes in my front yard, too!)

The /350 scale from Polar Lights is like the "pi
"As long as there is injustice, whenever a Targathian baby cries out, wherever a distress signal sounds among the stars, we'll be there. This fine ship, this fine crew. Never give up... and never surrender."

Offline Bosshogg1963

• Ensign
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2017, 10:09:30 pm »
Ok ,I'm new to all of this . TOS and pi? I'm willing to put just a little bit of money out for one. I know it takes time a patience to put one together. Not to mention the cost of the build. Thank you for your time. Writing a reply back to me.

Keith

Enterprise © Bloc