Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Hey y'all  (Read 86 times)

Offline Bosshogg1963

• Ensign
Hey y'all
« on: November 16, 2017, 07:00:52 pm »
I'm Keith,from North Carolina.lm 53 years old. I'm a a widower. Who's been married to my wonderful wife for 19 years. I'm a Star Trek fan, Indiana Jones fan. I remember watching Star Trek when I was a kid. With my neighborhood friends. Then go outside and act it out. Those were fun times then. I hope to get a chance to know y'all.

Offline gal8150

• Lieutenant
Re: Hey y'all
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2017, 07:36:40 am »
Welcome Keith!  So sorry to hear of your loss. You've joined yourself a great community of builders here.   You'd be hard pressed to find a more supportive group of fans and sci fi model hobbyists than here.  Hope to see some of your work in the future! 

All my best,

Nick

Offline Bosshogg1963

• Ensign
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2017, 12:58:55 pm »
Thank you, I've been searching to buy a original series Star Trek Enterprise. I put a post in. But no replies yet. Do you know of anyone that's selling one on here by chance?

Offline MSgtUSAFRet

• Admiral
  • Fly! Fight! Win! And call me when you're back.
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2017, 07:38:36 am »
Bosshogg1963, Welcome to the boards!

Sorry for the loss of your lifemate. That's tough. Glad to see you are wanting to pick up a hobby; this one is pretty awesome!

As for the original Enterprise (I guess I will have to look at your post) you shouldn't have any trouble finding one of the TOS in nearly every conceivable scale. I've done 2 AMT 1/650 TOS Enterprises (1 was a restore and the other a modified Out Of Box (OOB)). These were the ones that were available when we were kids. (I acted out the episodes in my front yard, too!)

The /350 scale from Polar Lights is like the "pi
"To be honest with you, Picard, a significant number of my crew members have expressed a desire to return even knowing the odds. Some because they can't bear to live without their loved ones, some because they don't like the idea of slipping out in the middle of a fight."

Offline Bosshogg1963

• Ensign
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2017, 10:09:30 pm »
Ok ,I'm new to all of this . TOS and pi? I'm willing to put just a little bit of money out for one. I know it takes time a patience to put one together. Not to mention the cost of the build. Thank you for your time. Writing a reply back to me.

Keith

Offline pakratt840

• Admiral
  • NCC-1603 USS Ballista
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2017, 08:03:52 pm »
Ok ,I'm new to all of this . TOS and pi? I'm willing to put just a little bit of money out for one. I know it takes time a patience to put one together. Not to mention the cost of the build. Thank you for your time. Writing a reply back to me.

Keith

Hi Keith. Welcome to forum. The "TOS' abbreviation refers to "The Original Series". In the sci-fi world it can apply to Star Trek and also Battlestar Galactica. Mostly though it's for Star Trek. As for the "pi? You got me there. Maybe Steve will clarify. ;)
Dan

Yoda & Luke discuss building the Refit
Luke: I'm not afraid!
Yoda: Oh...You will be...You...Will...Be!

Offline MSgtUSAFRet

• Admiral
  • Fly! Fight! Win! And call me when you're back.
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2017, 09:31:10 pm »
The /350 scale from Polar Lights is like the "pi

Sorry, guys. The special character cut off the rest of what I wrote. What I meant to say was it is the piece de resistance for Star Trek modelers. Well, for me. It is the closest to the production model in the Smithsonian; in detail and shape.

If you undertake this build, you will have an awesome model on your hands!

Again, good luck and welcome to the boards!

Steve.
"To be honest with you, Picard, a significant number of my crew members have expressed a desire to return even knowing the odds. Some because they can't bear to live without their loved ones, some because they don't like the idea of slipping out in the middle of a fight."

Enterprise © Bloc