Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Experienced modeler getting into scratch building  (Read 461 times)

Offline Snow Goblin

• Ensign
Experienced modeler getting into scratch building
« on: December 29, 2017, 06:11:38 am »
I've been modeling for 20 years or so now. Got lots of miniature experience under my belt and do a lot of Japanese robot model kits. Recently I decided I wanted to do some scratch building sci fi models and thought it would be an ideal situation to get involved with the sci fi modeling community. Hoping to learn some new tricks and maybe share a few of my own.

Is the verification to post permanent or does it go away after a while? I find it very hard to read the one being used. It's taking multiple attempts even with audio.

Offline MSgtUSAFRet

• Admiral
  • Fly! Fight! Win! And call me when you're back.
Re: Experienced modeler getting into scratch building
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2018, 08:47:46 am »
Welcome to the boards, Snow Goblin!

When you say "Japanese robot model kits" are you specifically referring to Gundams or something else?

What subjects are you interested scratch building? Complete with Diaromas or what?

Again Welcome! I look forward to your builds and to learning from you!

About the verification (the one to check if you are a human or not) - If I remember correctly it will stop after a few posts; can't remember how many, but it will stop.

Have fun and start a WIP building thread!

Steve
"To be honest with you, Picard, a significant number of my crew members have expressed a desire to return even knowing the odds. Some because they can't bear to live without their loved ones, some because they don't like the idea of slipping out in the middle of a fight."

Enterprise © Bloc