Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: I always liked the old Star Trek movies  (Read 34 times)

Offline Decoman

• Lieutenant
I always liked the old Star Trek movies
« on: December 10, 2017, 07:56:34 am »
Hello there. I've been around here for a week or so now.
I thought I would want to join a Star Trek like forum to both get some easy access to any help with my 1:350 Enterprise refit project, while also get to show off my progress, which is always fun. :)

A curse and a blessing in my life have been varied interests. In addition to having fun drawing stuff as a kid, I have always enjoyed scale kit modeling and I am also proficient with 3D modeling on a computer. :) The latter is useful for any future 3D printing, if only for having that stuff built by something like Shapeways that would do the 3D printing for me.

These days as I prepare to get well started with my Enterprise refit build, I try to learn this and that about electronics and have acquired some basic tools to work with basic electronics, which might also come in handy later on with other scale model kit projects.

I also have an interest in language and philosophy, and hopefully I will get to finally learn the guitar properly the next few years. Being limited to finger picking songs have been a bit limited to my skills with a guitar, never singing nor doing much of strumming.

If I became filthy rich I would probably design my own MMO game, as most computer games these days seems to me at least, to be mediocre or even outright bad. :)

I have to say, this hobby has been improved since the time I saw this kid's father's kit models some 25 years back in time. Nowadays you get to also play with aftermarket photo etch, decals, resin and then you can play around with styrene as well with some basic tools, easily acquired off eBay, which I use a lot. :)

Enterprise © Bloc