Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Just joined from Texas  (Read 89 times)

Online Rusty_S85

• Ensign
Just joined from Texas
« on: November 24, 2017, 07:49:41 pm »
I just joined just now.  I have followed TrekWorks for years now and while I have not been active in the hobby for years I am collecting here and there some model kits to get back into the hobby along with doing what I always wanted to do adding lights and photoetched parts to models for the ultimate detail.

As of now I am on the hunt for either finding replacement parts for my missing pieces to my original 1:350 scale NX01 kit I started years ago, or to find a reasonably priced Round2 1:350 scale to start over from scratch.  So far cheapest Ive found is pushing $300 from private sellers on Amazon and I cant justify that much when I already have the kit just missing some pieces.

Offline MSgtUSAFRet

• Admiral
  • Fly! Fight! Win! And call me when you're back.
Re: Just joined from Texas
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2017, 09:39:18 pm »
Welcome aboard, Rusty!

I hope you find some replacement parts for you NX-01.

Saying your from Texas is akin to saying your from the same small county!  ;D
Where abouts are you from!?  I'm from Houston, another small country.  ;D

Either way, welcome! If you start up a build, I'd love too see what you're doing!

Have fun!

Steve
"To be honest with you, Picard, a significant number of my crew members have expressed a desire to return even knowing the odds. Some because they can't bear to live without their loved ones, some because they don't like the idea of slipping out in the middle of a fight."

Online Rusty_S85

• Ensign
Re: Just joined from Texas
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2017, 12:17:59 am »
Welcome aboard, Rusty!

I hope you find some replacement parts for you NX-01.

Saying your from Texas is akin to saying your from the same small county!  ;D
Where abouts are you from!?  I'm from Houston, another small country.  ;D

Either way, welcome! If you start up a build, I'd love too see what you're doing!

Have fun!

Steve

It sure does.  I'm in Houston as well.  Well at least till I get around to moving out towards Austin.

Aside from that I don't know when I will start building again.  I already got a small collection of kits to do how ever from my unfinished 1:350 scale NX01 to my unfinished 1:32 P38, to a 1:24 66 Charger and 55 Cameo that were started.  To a 1:82 big boy and 1:350 Dresden and Emden kits that I haven't opened yet.  Even purchased a discontinued kit by VP a resin 200mm Robert E Lee Bust to try my hand at actual figure painting on a larger scale.  Got a few more on list to purchase when time and money permits.  Such as a 1:350 scale diorama of USS Texas on November 24, 1944 refueling the Allen M Sumner class destroyer USS Hank.

But once I start I will be making a build post.  I think I am going to start off with my 1:350 NX01 since that's the one I want to light up and I found a round 2 NX01 kit for under $100 that I am thinking of buying and using the kit I have now either for parts or to try my hand at fabricating a NX refit.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 12:23:36 am by Rusty_S85 »

Enterprise © Bloc