Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 1:350 scale NX01 Parts or kit  (Read 80 times)

Online Rusty_S85

• Ensign
1:350 scale NX01 Parts or kit
« on: November 24, 2017, 07:54:29 pm »
Years ago I purchased a NX-01 kit from my local Hobby Lobby on sale for just $19.99 as a close out item.  I wanted to light this model up but made some mistakes by assembling the engine nacelles before I even devised a plan to illuminate them.  Like wise the model has sat in its open box for the last 10 years I would estimate and some pieces have become lost.

So this post is asking if there are any aftermarket replacement parts one can buy to replace the missing pieces or the nacelles as a whole to start over?

If not where can one purchase a Round 2 NX-01 kit that is not priced insanely?  I went to Round 2 Corp and clicked on buy now but it takes me to a broken page.  I did a search online for POL902 and found an Amazon listing but its all private sellers and the cheapest one is $287.96 which is just too much for me to spend on a kit to replace one I currently own to do what I truly want to do with this build.

Offline pakratt840

• Admiral
  • NCC-1603 USS Ballista
Re: 1:350 scale NX01 Parts or kit
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2017, 11:12:54 pm »
That is certainly a sticky problem. As far as I know, the 1/350 NX-01 is currently out of production. That's why all you can find are the crazy prices on Amazon, as well as eBay. I did find one listing for the original release from Polar Lights before Round 2 bought the license. It's not a bad price as long as everything is there, but I can't speak to any differences aside from the stand being different from the R2 release. Here's the link.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Trek-USS-Enterprise-NX-01-1-350-Scale-Polar-Lights-Over-200-Pieces/222731925481?hash=item33dbdb77e9:g:wAkAAOSwDkVaGIoY

You might find someone here who has an extra kit for parts that would be willing to part with the nacelles. I'm not aware of any aftermarket nacelles being produced. I wish you luck in your search. And welcome to the forum!
Dan

Yoda & Luke discuss building the Refit
Luke: I'm not afraid!
Yoda: Oh...You will be...You...Will...Be!

Offline Tankton

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2017, 12:11:44 am »
The stand is the only difference between the two. I have built both.
That is probably the best price you are going to find.
Live Long and Prosper

Cameron Lewis Sr.

Online Rusty_S85

• Ensign
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2017, 05:27:32 pm »
Thanks for the replies.  It is a sticky spot to be in.  I got this kit back around '03 - '05 or some where around there.  It was at hobbylobby and I got it for under $30 on sale.  Thing is I had high plans for it but got ahead of myself and couldn't turn back at the time so I boxed it.  Took it out earlier this year to see if I could get the nacelle apart to try and do some LED strip lighting and that's when I noticed some small dishes missing from the saucer wall sections that were glued on already.

But I did some more searching last night before I called it a night.  I found a Round2 kit for $70 before shipping online.  Might have to jump on that one but think I should be better to wait till I get my check on Monday for the last two weeks of work then I will feel more comfortable with that kind of purchase.

Offline whb64

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2017, 10:26:31 pm »
I remember when I was looking for these kits.  Nobody seemed to have them and eBay had crazy prices.  I found some online places, but it ended up they didn't have them either even though they were available on their page.  I recommend calling the company before placing your order to make sure they actually have it.

I have two and intend on building the NX-01 and the NX-01 Refit, that is if the Howling Wolf kits every get made again.  When I get my 3D printer I may have to scan a smaller scale kit and resize it and print the secondary hull.

Good hunting, you will find one so don't jump on anything you feel is too high or shipping is crazy.  They do show up now and then.

Online Rusty_S85

• Ensign
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2017, 12:26:39 am »
I remember when I was looking for these kits.  Nobody seemed to have them and eBay had crazy prices.  I found some online places, but it ended up they didn't have them either even though they were available on their page.  I recommend calling the company before placing your order to make sure they actually have it.

I have two and intend on building the NX-01 and the NX-01 Refit, that is if the Howling Wolf kits every get made again.  When I get my 3D printer I may have to scan a smaller scale kit and resize it and print the secondary hull.

Good hunting, you will find one so don't jump on anything you feel is too high or shipping is crazy.  They do show up now and then.

Oh I agree.  There are plenty of kits out there that I can build so its not like I need to get this one.  I do have the kit but just missing some saucer dishes on the saucer wall sections.  I could always just omit them if need be.  But in the end I did send a email asking this company how many they had cause I knew some people that wanted them as well and I was going to buy a few.  Just a copout to see if they have any and if they do see how many they have to gauge if I need to take a risk and spend money I really don't have to spend on a kit or wait on it till after I get a few more checks from work.

Be real nice if they would finally up my credit limit on my card I would buy a few kits I got my eye on and just pay on it.

Enterprise © Bloc