Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 1/1400 AMT Enterprise-C  (Read 12014 times)

Offline AlW

• Captain
Re: 1/1400 AMT Enterprise-C
« Reply #195 on: November 05, 2018, 04:43:34 pm »
Geez, Steve, sorry to hear about your hand.  I hope the surgery goes well this week and you can get back to life as normal.

Your ship is coming along great!  Each build has things that go sideways, but 90% of them are correctable.  You've just experienced more than the average on the "C" but you're getting past all that.  Your windows look amazing as does your nacelle lighting.  The base coat doesn't matter as much as the final so just think of that as practice for what comes later.

Good luck this week, and let us know how you're doing when you can.

Al

Offline modelerdave

• Commander
« Reply #196 on: November 05, 2018, 05:46:25 pm »
Oh, my, Steve! Sorry about the hand! I hope your surgery goes well and you have a quick recovery.

And yeah, I can relate to your airbrush woes! As I said elsewhere, I have a love/hate thing going with it.

Offline starsiegeplayer

• Admiral
  • In brightest day, in darkest night....
« Reply #197 on: November 05, 2018, 11:30:55 pm »
How long will it take for you to recover?  :(

Offline MSgtUSAFRet

• Admiral
  • Fly! Fight! Win! And call me when you're back.
« Reply #198 on: November 06, 2018, 07:36:02 am »
WOW!

Thanks, guys, for the support!

I don't know the recovery time, Star, but the web says 4-6 weeks. I am hoping this is the worse case scenario, but the office is already expecting 4 weeks. So we'll see.

I'll keep you all informed. It will be interesting to see if I can build with one hand.  ;D

Thanks again!

Steve
"To be honest with you, Picard, a significant number of my crew members have expressed a desire to return even knowing the odds. Some because they can't bear to live without their loved ones, some because they don't like the idea of slipping out in the middle of a fight."

Offline scottminium

• Admiral
  • There are submarines, and targets.
« Reply #199 on: November 10, 2018, 11:26:57 am »
Ouch! Hope the surgery and recovery go smoothly, or at least as smoothly as they can!
"I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment... because they'll never come again."

Offline Madhatter

• Commander
  • Plastic Surgeon in Training
« Reply #200 on: November 11, 2018, 03:59:29 am »
I can only echo the other's posts and pass on my sympathy to you in regards to your hand. That's a real hindrance to some awesome building
Airbrushing is always fun isn't it? A long time ago I made it a habit to clean my airbrush out fully after each session. Alcald's airbrush cleaner is the best tool in my shed. It's a shame I won't be able to get it here now as the only store in Melbourne has stopped stocking it due to supply issues. I only have 3 bottles left in total, so I have to use it sparingly now :(
First world problems huh.....
According to a lot of builders, it's better to spray the lighter colours first then the darker. Mind you, I guess that would depend on the effect you want, but as a general rule of thumb, that's the way it should go - so don't beat yourself up about it. I know it's a real PITA to have to respray something as well as try to remix the ratios correctly.
Anyway, I hope you recover soon and without too much pain!
Si

Offline Spencer

• Radio Astronomer
  • Admiral
  • "Well ... let's play this out logically then ..."
« Reply #201 on: November 11, 2018, 08:44:12 am »
It's a bit cliche, but we're our own worst critics, especially when Murphy decides to come knocking.
But you've done a awesome job so far.

Here's hoping your hand recovers.

Spencer

Offline greg

• Captain
  • aka SteveTheFish, TurkeyVolumeGuessingMan
    • Greg's Neat-o Homepage
« Reply #202 on: November 14, 2018, 07:09:22 pm »
I've dealt with tendonitis myself. I think some people are just more prone to it than others, depending on one's blood chemistry. About 15 years ago I developed carpal tunnel syndrome, to the point where it became excruciating to use a mouse or to type on a computer. However, I overcame it with hormone replacement therapy (cortisol) through a naturopathic doctor. I'll never be 100% normal again, but I can do what I want to do pain-free.

About 5 years ago, I received a model-related product (can't remember which one) in the mail and I got too excited that I did not use a box cutter. I thought I could just yank it open with my right pointer finger. I think I tore a tendon inside and have since developed trigger finger. I can't make a fist with my right hand anymore. Still, I have 70% mobility and can do most anything without thinking much, but sometimes my finger might lock and freak out.

Offline MSgtUSAFRet

• Admiral
« Reply #203 on: November 16, 2018, 02:47:13 pm »
Thanks for the support and encouragements!

I have pics if you all are interested but this really isn't the forum for that kind of pics. :)

Till next time.

Steve
"To be honest with you, Picard, a significant number of my crew members have expressed a desire to return even knowing the odds. Some because they can't bear to live without their loved ones, some because they don't like the idea of slipping out in the middle of a fight."

Offline scottminium

• Admiral
« Reply #204 on: November 17, 2018, 06:24:50 am »
I'm good without the pics.  But thanks.
"I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment... because they'll never come again."

Offline pakratt840

• Admiral
  • NCC-1603 USS Ballista
« Reply #205 on: November 23, 2018, 10:39:02 pm »
Thanks for the support and encouragements!

I have pics if you all are interested but this really isn't the forum for that kind of pics. :)

Till next time.

Steve

Hope your surgery went well Steve. No pics please. After the procedure, the surgeon gave me a picture of my appendix before it was removed it in '06. That was gross enough for me.
Dan

Yoda & Luke discuss building the Refit
Luke: I'm not afraid!
Yoda: Oh...You will be...You...Will...Be!

Offline MSgtUSAFRet

• Admiral
« Reply #206 on: November 28, 2018, 07:32:40 am »
Thanks, Guys! Ok - no pics!  ;D

I have gotten back to typing and my hand strength is improving daily. My OT said I can pick up the modeling as soon as I am confident that I won't drop anything - so maybe - an update this weekend! :)

Thanks for the well wishes and the hanging around!

Ya'll are great!

Steve

Offline pakratt840

• Admiral
  • NCC-1603 USS Ballista
« Reply #207 on: November 29, 2018, 10:20:09 am »
Thanks, Guys! Ok - no pics!  ;D

I have gotten back to typing and my hand strength is improving daily. My OT said I can pick up the modeling as soon as I am confident that I won't drop anything - so maybe - an update this weekend! :)

Thanks for the well wishes and the hanging around!

Ya'll are great!

Steve

Good to hear your on the mend Steve. Look forward to the next update.
Dan

Yoda & Luke discuss building the Refit
Luke: I'm not afraid!
Yoda: Oh...You will be...You...Will...Be!

Offline MSgtUSAFRet

• Admiral
« Reply #208 on: November 30, 2018, 07:36:33 am »
Good to hear your on the mend Steve. Look forward to the next update.

Hey Ya'll, just in case you haven't heard, Boyd alerted us to some changes that will be taking place with SFMA.

Just follow the link to the announcement thread.

Be aware that, despite my comments, Google+ will be going the way of the Dodo. Boyd is trying to keep the community together but will be introducing some changes for SFMA.

Stay tuned...

Steve

Offline scottminium

• Admiral
« Reply #209 on: November 30, 2018, 08:26:46 pm »
Glad to hear the hand is on the mend! :)

Enterprise © Bloc