Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 1/1400 AMT Enterprise-C  (Read 14413 times)

Offline Madhatter

• Commander
  • Plastic Surgeon in Training
Re: 1/1400 AMT Enterprise-C
« Reply #210 on: December 04, 2018, 03:58:43 am »
Good to hear your on the mend Steve. Look forward to the next update.

Hey Ya'll, just in case you haven't heard, Boyd alerted us to some changes that will be taking place with SFMA.

Just follow the link to the announcement thread.

Be aware that, despite my comments, Google+ will be going the way of the Dodo. Boyd is trying to keep the community together but will be introducing some changes for SFMA.

Stay tuned...

Steve

Thanks for the pointer Steve. Sounds like it will be a good thing

Offline pakratt840

• Admiral
  • NCC-1603 USS Ballista
« Reply #211 on: December 04, 2018, 09:40:13 pm »
The way it sounds, Boyd is going to fold SFMA in to the new website, with the two tier membership. Free and pay, but it sounds like the pay is going to be around $5.00 or less. Don't quote me on that, as I'm just repeating what I've read. If that's all it costs, I blow that much on a donut and beverage for my break at work typically, so i should be able to absorb that. The free membership will still have access, just no video posts and other similar features.
Dan

Yoda & Luke discuss building the Refit
Luke: I'm not afraid!
Yoda: Oh...You will be...You...Will...Be!

Offline MSgtUSAFRet

• Admiral
  • Fly! Fight! Win! And call me when you're back.
« Reply #212 on: December 06, 2018, 07:17:32 am »
Thanks for the pointer Steve. Sounds like it will be a good thing

No worries, Si. Just wanted to get the word out.

Yeah, I am kinda looking forward to the revamped site. But the real question is, what am I going to do with all the programming knowledge I've gained from having to use this medium?! XD

I'll get back to the regular thread as soon as Mrs. MSgtUSAFRet stops decorating for Christmas! ;D

Steve
"To be honest with you, Picard, a significant number of my crew members have expressed a desire to return even knowing the odds. Some because they can't bear to live without their loved ones, some because they don't like the idea of slipping out in the middle of a fight."

Offline modelerdave

• Commander
« Reply #213 on: December 06, 2018, 07:23:30 am »
Please do! I want to see this thing completed!  ;D

Offline MSgtUSAFRet

• Admiral
« Reply #214 on: December 06, 2018, 07:26:02 am »
Please do! I want to see this thing completed!  ;D

#Metoo

;D ;D ;D
"To be honest with you, Picard, a significant number of my crew members have expressed a desire to return even knowing the odds. Some because they can't bear to live without their loved ones, some because they don't like the idea of slipping out in the middle of a fight."

Offline scottminium

• Admiral
  • There are submarines, and targets.
« Reply #215 on: December 08, 2018, 03:17:44 pm »
"I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment... because they'll never come again."

Offline karve

• Admiral
« Reply #216 on: December 15, 2018, 04:58:26 pm »
Hey Steve ...remember me? 

I've been away from the hobby for quite a while but am hoping to get back into it in the new year. I've been looking at some of the current builds going on and I see yours is doing really great!

Sorry about your hand. Hope it's coming along nicely!

Seeya 'round
Kevin

"Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us."
    Quote from Carl Sagan's 'Pale Blue Dot'  1994

Offline TK Iain

• Admiral
« Reply #217 on: December 16, 2018, 03:07:03 am »
Looking forward to seeing this one on the final stages Steve.
Iain

Offline MSgtUSAFRet

• Admiral
« Reply #218 on: December 16, 2018, 03:37:28 pm »
Hey Steve ...remember me? 

Seeya 'round

DUDE! Welcome back! Thanks for the post!

Hoping to get some work done this week!

I look forward seeing your posts again!

Steve

Offline MSgtUSAFRet

• Admiral
« Reply #219 on: December 16, 2018, 03:38:50 pm »
Looking forward to seeing this one on the final stages Steve.

Thanks, Iain! I am too! Just gotta get the ball rolling again!

Thanks for the post!

Steve

Offline MSgtUSAFRet

• Admiral
« Reply #220 on: January 02, 2019, 01:57:00 pm »
Fellow Modelers,

Happy New Year!

I started looking at my thread and realized that I haven't posted an update or picture in over two pages so I am trying to rectify that oversight.

I am cutting masks again. My first question is "Why do I keep doing this to myself?!" and, secondly, "Why hasn't any one come up with some aftermarket masks for this ship?!"

Ah, well. As I have said before, I had to remix some paints so I will have to re-mask the saucer and re-paint it to match the other parts of the ship. But I can go ahead and paint the secondary hull and the engine pylons before I have to tackle the saucer again.
Here are a few pics of the masks. I will have to go back and cover the anterior sections, towards the bow of the ship, again as I cut them all away rather than just the parts I need to paint blue.

Masking Engine Pylons

Masking the Secondary hull ventral detail

Masking the ventral of the Engine Pylons

The interconnecting dorsal - This will have to be blue. I was going to paint it the darker grey, but figured I needed some blue on the secondary hull to tie the ship together.

I'm trying to stay motivated for this one, much like James has to for his Mutara Nebula build, as I seem to be having more troubles than it's worth. But I am trying to power through and see what else I can do.

Thanks, as always, for your enthusiastic support and your constructive criticisms!

Hailing Frequencies are open!

Steve

Offline Shawn McClure

• Admiral
  • Shawn McClure
« Reply #221 on: January 02, 2019, 03:51:09 pm »
Hey Steve.  Great to see you back on the line again.  Looks like your masks are going to be awesome when you are done.   Just have to hang in there.  I know this is going to be your best ship you have ever built.  There ya go buddy.

Shawn
To build or not to build.... that is the question.   The answer.... build... Duh.

Offline starsiegeplayer

• Admiral
  • In brightest day, in darkest night....
« Reply #222 on: January 02, 2019, 09:51:22 pm »
The masking looks good!

https://youtu.be/o2Z1yLO9C-Q  ;)

Offline Spencer

• Radio Astronomer
  • Admiral
  • "Well ... let's play this out logically then ..."
« Reply #223 on: January 02, 2019, 10:20:20 pm »
Oh but the satisfaction of peeling those up and seeing what will surely be an awesome job!

I guess nobody makes paint masks because the ship doesn't really have aztecs.

My fledgling blog and YouTube page:
https://spencersscifimodels.blogspot.com/
http://youtube.com/c/SpencerWolfe

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."
- Dr. Carl Sagan

Offline modelerdave

• Commander
« Reply #224 on: January 03, 2019, 08:28:58 am »
Nice to see you back at it, Steve! Homemade masks are a huge pain but yours look great and I'm sure the final result will be worth it.

Enterprise © Bloc