Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 1/1400 AMT Enterprise-C  (Read 13321 times)

Offline MSgtUSAFRet

• Admiral
  • Fly! Fight! Win! And call me when you're back.
Re: 1/1400 AMT Enterprise-C
« Reply #225 on: January 03, 2019, 08:39:32 am »
See?! This kind of encouragement is why I frequent THIS site more than any other!

All Ya'll are awesome! All Ya'll!

Thanks for the words of encouragement guys! I have done some more masking and hope to get more done this weekend.

You all are awesome!

Steve

BTW - Star

The masking looks good!

https://youtu.be/o2Z1yLO9C-Q  ;)

I have NOT seen that cartoon! 80's me would probably have loved it! What am I talking about?! I want to look it up now! XD

SRH
"To be honest with you, Picard, a significant number of my crew members have expressed a desire to return even knowing the odds. Some because they can't bear to live without their loved ones, some because they don't like the idea of slipping out in the middle of a fight."

Offline karve

• Admiral
« Reply #226 on: January 05, 2019, 06:39:58 am »
Keep at it Steve. As we saw from your previous builds, you're the master of the home made aztecs.  You'll do great.  ;)
« Last Edit: January 05, 2019, 07:31:24 am by karve »
Kevin

"Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us."
    Quote from Carl Sagan's 'Pale Blue Dot'  1994

Offline MSgtUSAFRet

• Admiral
« Reply #227 on: January 05, 2019, 07:27:24 am »
Thanks Kevin!

I'm working on some painting solutions now. Having a spot of bother about this.

Steve
"To be honest with you, Picard, a significant number of my crew members have expressed a desire to return even knowing the odds. Some because they can't bear to live without their loved ones, some because they don't like the idea of slipping out in the middle of a fight."

Offline MSgtUSAFRet

• Admiral
« Reply #228 on: January 11, 2019, 01:28:38 pm »
Hey All,

After some help from the Gurus in a thread called Painting Woes, I figured out I had added to much water to my acrylic paints. Another complicating factor was I was using craft paint instead of the good stuff. Between the issues, I decided to 1) go get some real modeler's paint and 2) strip the paint from the saucer.

Stripped Saucer

I know! I know! It's getting a little saucy in here talking about stripping, but what am I gonna do?! :) As you can see, I still have some spot cleaning to do, but I had run out of Q-Tips.

starsiegeplayer suggested

Since the paint is not adhering in thr first place, wiping it down with windex may take the Paint off.

So, instead of using windex, I used 70% Isopropyl alcohol (don't know why I grabbed that instead of the windex) but it worked fine. The paint came off better than I had painted it on. ;)

Now I have to do the ventral of the saucer, too. I'll post another picture once it get it done. I makes me wonder if I should strip the whole ship or just depend on the new stuff covering the crappy stuff. Whaddayathink? I've only applied the base coat on the other peices...but...in order for it to match...yeah...gotta do it.

I hope to get to the garage to paint this weekend, but I still wanted to give a brief update.

Thanks, as always, for reading and looking.

Steve

Offline Shawn McClure

• Admiral
  • Shawn McClure
« Reply #229 on: January 11, 2019, 02:07:33 pm »
Looks really cool Steve.  I know that paint stripping is a real pain.   I used brake fluid to take my paint off.

Shawn
To build or not to build.... that is the question.   The answer.... build... Duh.

Offline TK Iain

• Admiral
« Reply #230 on: January 11, 2019, 02:09:40 pm »
This build has turned into a real labour of love for you bud!

Learning a lot and enjoying your WIP just as much.
Iain

Offline MSgtUSAFRet

• Admiral
« Reply #231 on: January 14, 2019, 08:22:00 am »
Looks really cool Steve.  I know that paint stripping is a real pain.   I used brake fluid to take my paint off.

Shawn

Thanks Shawn! I usually use engine degreaser, but as I didn't want the interior light blocking and the electronics to be messed up, I went with the Alcohol; which seems to have worked well - and left the primer intact. Yeay!

This build has turned into a real labour of love for you bud!

Learning a lot and enjoying your WIP just as much.

Yeah, it has, Iain. It was supposed to be an easy build. But now I'm just stubborn and OCD enough to keep fighting to get it done. Glad you're enjoying the WIP. I am learning alot, too.

Although I don't think it will ever be in an IPMS show, I'm still gonna try and make it look good. :)

Thanks for looking and commenting!

Steve

Enterprise © Bloc