Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 1:350 TOS Enterprise - Production Version  (Read 2403 times)

Offline AlW

• Captain
Re: 1:350 TOS Enterprise - Production Version
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2017, 03:43:41 pm »
Looks like you've got this mapped out pretty well, Mike.  You do some of the best work on this site, so can't wait to see you do this one up:)  So let the journey begin!

Offline Macupar

• Admiral
    • Facebook
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2017, 01:57:52 pm »
Thanks AlW!

Offline Macupar

• Admiral
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2017, 02:21:48 pm »
Here is a test of the bussard collectors featuring the light board from TenaControls. I messed around with my phone setting to get a nice clear look at the LED lights.
It looks really nice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kxee26yNHVw
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 07:56:38 am by Macupar »

Offline MSgtUSAFRet

• Admiral
  • Fly! Fight! Win! And call me when you're back.
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2017, 07:43:24 am »
Nice Test of the TenaControls, Mike!

Makes me think I should have bought them instead.  :-\

Keep going! You're giving me lots of ideas!

Steve
"To be honest with you, Picard, a significant number of my crew members have expressed a desire to return even knowing the odds. Some because they can't bear to live without their loved ones, some because they don't like the idea of slipping out in the middle of a fight."

Offline Macupar

• Admiral
    • Facebook
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2017, 09:44:45 am »
I started on the bridge this morning. First I stared by sanding down the hand rails around the bridge so that I can add the photoetch ones. When I was test fitting the photoetch parts for the control panels, I found that the photoetch was way bigger that the panels they are supposed to go on. After much debating with myself, I decided to cut off the back part of the photoetch panels. I had to cut off a sizable amount. But in the end I think it looks much better. Next I will add the railings to the bridge and then I can start the painting process.

Thanks for following!

Mike

Offline Macupar

• Admiral
    • Facebook
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2017, 08:18:17 pm »
Hmmmm. I wonder what fun project i'll be testing tomorrow.

Offline ImWolf

• Admiral
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2017, 01:24:38 pm »
That's some of the smallest PE around from what I've seen....    Nice work fitting it up.
Just think of what my life might be.....   In a world like I have seen!

Offline pakratt840

• Admiral
  • NCC-1603 USS Ballista
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2017, 06:22:54 pm »
Nice work on the bridge PE Mike! I gave up on mine. The decals with the PE set looked terrible and I just didn't like the way it looked overall. The wall screen decals on the kit decal sheet match up better than the PE set. I would suggest using those. Unfortunately the control panels aren't on the the kit's sheet, so you're stuck with the PE set.
Dan

Yoda & Luke discuss building the Refit
Luke: I'm not afraid!
Yoda: Oh...You will be...You...Will...Be!

Offline Macupar

• Admiral
    • Facebook
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2018, 08:34:54 am »
Well I did my first mold and casting! I think it came out pretty nice. The only thing that did not form well in the mold were the little chairs around the bridge. That's fine as I am going to cut mine out anyways. I made a silicon mold of the bridge and use clear cast to make the part. This should make lighting it much better. You will see a lot of bubbles in it but they are all on the bottom of the bridge. They will not interfere with anything at all. I just finished spraying some primer so you can see the detail better.

Offline Tankton

• Admiral
    • Cameron's Decals and Such
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2018, 10:49:10 am »
Nice mold and pour. The little chairs don't really look like chairs any ways.
Live Long and Prosper

Cameron Lewis Sr.

www.cameronsdecals.com

Offline Macupar

• Admiral
    • Facebook
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2018, 03:56:52 pm »
Thanks Tankton!

I have the bridged painted and the first section completed. Other than a few tiny light leaks, the difference in light is amazing. My clear bridge is working out great. Once I finish the rest of the bridge, I will work on the shuttle bay. I would like to cast this in clear resin as well. I will need to figure out how to eliminate those bubble though with what I have. I don't want bubble to be in the windows since these will be visible. On the bridge it does not matter since it is completely covered.

Offline ImWolf

• Admiral
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2018, 07:44:40 pm »
I will need to figure out how to eliminate those bubble though with what I have. I don't want bubble to be in the windows since these will be visible. On the bridge it does not matter since it is completely covered.

I was interested in doing some casting a while back Mike, but never pursued it. Along the way though I found quite a few useful videos out there describing how to avoid bubbles in the finished piece. Here's one link I saved to get you started.

https://www.alumilite.com/store/pg/21-How-To-Videos-Alumilite-Mold-Making-Casting-Materials.aspx

Wolf
Just think of what my life might be.....   In a world like I have seen!

Offline jwood314

• Captain
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2018, 08:55:40 pm »
Looking amazing, looking forward to watching your progress!

Cheers,

Offline MSgtUSAFRet

• Admiral
  • Fly! Fight! Win! And call me when you're back.
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2018, 07:28:46 am »
Mike that Bridge looks awesome!

Are you gonna color the screens any and, in case I missed it, are you gonna use the photoetch parts on it?

Keep 'er going!

Steve
"To be honest with you, Picard, a significant number of my crew members have expressed a desire to return even knowing the odds. Some because they can't bear to live without their loved ones, some because they don't like the idea of slipping out in the middle of a fight."

Offline Macupar

• Admiral
    • Facebook
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2018, 09:49:14 am »
Thanks all. Steve, I will play with coloring the screens and I did use the photoetch on this part. I have not finished it yet since I slipped on ice 2 weeks ago and messed up my arm pretty well. It still hurts like hell. Hopefully I will get back to work soon.

Thanks for the link Wolf. This will get me started on the right track!

Enterprise © Bloc