Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 1/1400 Enterprise D  (Read 6582 times)

Offline Tiburon

• Captain
Re: 1/1400 Enterprise D
« Reply #60 on: February 08, 2019, 06:58:05 pm »
College book store. Its meant for brass etching. Art majors use it for their work.

Found a similar one on amazon;

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0042SR90K/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_CvIxCb2HWK04M
Phil

Offline krieg.17

• Admiral
  • FIRE!
« Reply #61 on: March 02, 2019, 10:12:33 am »
Awesome work! I am also building the clear D.
The needs of the many out way the needs of the few.

Offline Tiburon

• Captain
« Reply #62 on: March 05, 2019, 05:45:12 am »
Lights -

After working on them on and off since this model started. I have finally finished the lights. Most of the connections are permanent (and covered by shrink tube) but some are rather temporary and messy, These will be fixed when everything is installed in the model in sections.

Want to give a shout out to tenacontrols and their awesome control boards. This one is just the standard federation ship board and not the Ent D specific one, but it worked out pretty good. I took some liberty by adding flashing white running lights to the front of the saucer. I wanted to keep the running lights in scale so they are all fiber. its kinda hard to see in the photo but they all light up super bright. I used .75mm and 1.0mm fiber.

For the rear running lights I am gonna pass 1.0mm fiber most of the way through the holes. The light blocking paint that will be painted on later will be scratched away and reveal the light shining through.

More updates to come.

Thanks for looking!
Phil

Offline Tiburon

• Captain
« Reply #63 on: March 05, 2019, 06:16:24 am »
More Photoetch! -

More photoetch added to various parts of the model.

Even though I had already dug the trenches in the pylons I decided to use the photoetch that is meant to cover up the wires. It adds some nice detail and I liked the idea of loosing the poorly defined panel lines that came on the model. I just ground down the surface a little so the photoetch would sit flush and puttied around the edge.
Phil

Offline MSgtUSAFRet

• Admiral
  • Fly! Fight! Win! And call me when you're back.
« Reply #64 on: March 05, 2019, 07:19:24 am »
More nice work, Phil! Loving the detail!

Steve
"To be honest with you, Picard, a significant number of my crew members have expressed a desire to return even knowing the odds. Some because they can't bear to live without their loved ones, some because they don't like the idea of slipping out in the middle of a fight."

Offline Tiburon

• Captain
« Reply #65 on: March 08, 2019, 03:03:32 am »
More nice work, Phil! Loving the detail!

Steve

Thanks, I wasnt planning on using photoetch when I started this model but now I am glad I did.
Phil

Offline Tiburon

• Captain
« Reply #66 on: March 08, 2019, 03:06:28 am »
Awesome work! I am also building the clear D.

Nice! Do you have a build log somewhere? I didnt see it. I really enjoy looking through other peoples builds of the model Im working on for tips and tricks etc... keeps me motivated too!
« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 03:08:21 am by Tiburon »
Phil

Enterprise © Bloc