Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 1/1000 Andromeda  (Read 1811 times)

Offline Mr Atoz

• Admiral
Re: 1/1000 Andromeda
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2018, 09:30:58 am »
Wonderful work on your Andromeda Si !  I'm not familiar with this series of Japanese SciFi ships but this looks pretty neat.Great work on the photography,by the way. 
For the fun of building art.

Offline jwood314

• Admiral
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2018, 11:22:30 am »
DAMN YOU!!! I want to stop everything I am working on and go do Star Blazers. :(  AMAZING LOVE IT AWESOME!!!!!!  I would never have thought about doing models in this range, but I am WRONG, I will now dream about doing some of these in the future.  Wow, AMAZING!!!  Love it.

Offline Madhatter

• Commander
  • Plastic Surgeon in Training
« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2018, 09:26:03 am »
thank you guys!
I like these ship designs - some more than others of course, but in general, they're quite cool. They're a nice change to the conventional SW or ST ships although I do still like those too
Bandai did a great job of these kits and are easy to light. You have to cut away some of the internal bracing but its easy to do and doesn't affect the structure of the hull.
Thanks again for your interest guys
Si

Offline TK Iain

• Admiral
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2018, 04:10:23 am »
BTW/Out of Curiosity.

Have you seen the life action version of Space Battleship Yamato?
Iain

Offline Madhatter

• Commander
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2018, 05:35:31 am »
I have it on DVD  ;D The acting is a bit off but the CGI is amazing. I love the earth ship designs, especially the opening scene ship. The Garmilla ships aren't anything like the 2199 ships which has its good and bad points
Worth a watch of you haven't seen it.

Offline TK Iain

• Admiral
« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2018, 06:04:36 am »
I have indeed seen it. Been meaning to add it to my collection at some point - love the Yamato launch sequence. ;D
Iain

Offline Madhatter

• Commander
« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2018, 06:16:19 am »
the nozzle I made for the Andromeda is based on the live action version. It's way more interesting than the stock version with those stupid little fins coming out the sides.

Offline MSgtUSAFRet

• Admiral
  • Fly! Fight! Win! And call me when you're back.
« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2018, 09:12:56 am »
the nozzle I made for the Andromeda is based on the live action version. It's way more interesting than the stock version with those stupid little fins coming out the sides.

Si, did you scratch build that nozzle?! Astounding!

Lovin the build!

Keep going!

Steve
"To be honest with you, Picard, a significant number of my crew members have expressed a desire to return even knowing the odds. Some because they can't bear to live without their loved ones, some because they don't like the idea of slipping out in the middle of a fight."

Offline scottminium

• Admiral
  • There are submarines, and targets.
« Reply #38 on: July 01, 2018, 10:07:35 am »
This is really beautiful work.  Unfortunately I chipped a tooth when my jaw bounced off the desk upon first viewing the final product. 

Very nice!
"I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment... because they'll never come again."

Enterprise © Bloc