Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Been away too long...  (Read 271 times)

Offline incubus35

• Lieutenant
Been away too long...
« on: January 07, 2018, 06:34:00 am »
Hi everyone,

Sorry for being a bit quiet on here recently, but I've done the grown up thing of buying a new house - with all the fun that comes with it!

That being said, I'm in and settled and now have a fully up and running workstation to get modelling done!

IMG 0149" border="0

IMG 0150" border="0

Some of my builds on display

IMG 0152" border="0

And why I think I might have a bit of a problem with my hobby...

IMG 0151" border="0

Glad to be back and I'll hopefully have some stuff to share with you guys soon.

Thanks,
Pete

Offline Decoman

• Commander
Re: Been away too long...
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2018, 09:01:40 am »
I want a hobby room too! :|

Heh, I figured, I really need a room for this. And I would require a window as well, to get to use my airbrush. I am currently using my airbrush in my kitchen, which isn't that good of an idea, but it works.

I can highly recommend lots of drawers to keep your tools in them. Mine are filled already. :) I want to get another set of drawers, but I don't have the space for it currently.

I sometimes wonder why all my Star Wars toys had this much appeal to me when I was a kid, and now I suspect that, every piece of toy was so awesome in having (or more specific, everything i ever saw if I didn't have it myself), because when playing with them, every single piece of item, was COMPLEMENTARY to all the other stuff I had and was familiar with. I don't currently get that satisfaction when collecting scale model kits. I guess, it would help if I tried to make some kind of theme, or start working with dioramas to get things rolling to make things more moody.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 09:06:33 am by Decoman »

Offline incubus35

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2018, 05:30:58 am »
haha, yeah, my kitchen is too small (and too new!) for me to use my airbrush in there.

and I'm trying to stay away from drawers this time, as things keep getting lost in the deep dark depths that way! lots of clear boxes and shelves so I can see them I think. That and I need to build a rack for all my paints so I can have those to hand too. I've seen some nice ones out there, but not many for the vallejo range. If anybody has any nice solutions for this, I'd love to see some pictures!

thanks again,
Pete

Offline MSgtUSAFRet

• Admiral
  • Fly! Fight! Win! And call me when you're back.
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2018, 07:35:04 am »
Welcome back to it, Pete!

Love the room and the displays. Your stash is impressive. (Every time I think or say that word I think "But you are not a Jedi yet! :)  )

Congrats on the 'Adulting'! Can't wait to see one of your build threads again!

May the Force be with you!

Steve
"To be honest with you, Picard, a significant number of my crew members have expressed a desire to return even knowing the odds. Some because they can't bear to live without their loved ones, some because they don't like the idea of slipping out in the middle of a fight."

Offline incubus35

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2018, 05:18:29 am »
Thanks Steve!

Yes, some photos will follow soon of some recently completed projects, and ones I'm working on still. Sadly, there is no internet at the new homestead yet, but apparently it will be there soon. I like to think of it as less distraction to building models :)

Have to say, your NSEA Protector is amazing! The Aztec work is phenomenal!  Kudos sir.

Offline MSgtUSAFRet

• Admiral
  • Fly! Fight! Win! And call me when you're back.
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2018, 08:12:48 am »

Have to say, your NSEA Protector is amazing! The Aztec work is phenomenal!  Kudos sir.

Many thanks for your kind words, Sir!

Cheers!
"To be honest with you, Picard, a significant number of my crew members have expressed a desire to return even knowing the odds. Some because they can't bear to live without their loved ones, some because they don't like the idea of slipping out in the middle of a fight."

Enterprise © Bloc