Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Mutara Nebula DeBoers Enterprise and Reliant Build  (Read 9411 times)

Offline Shawn McClure

• Admiral
  • Shawn McClure
Re: Mutara Nebula DeBoers Enterprise and Reliant Build
« Reply #150 on: January 04, 2019, 08:36:48 am »
That is awesome.  So happy the painting is working out better now.

Shawn
To build or not to build.... that is the question.   The answer.... build... Duh.

Offline jwood314

• Admiral
« Reply #151 on: January 06, 2019, 01:18:37 pm »
Thanks!

Update #72

Lots of great progress over the last few days, woohoo!  I received the Shapeway part for the O club in the Enterprise.  The part was designed by a guy named Mark2000, he has a TON of great parts for Star Trek, take a look at what he has produced on Shapeway.  The first two pics are of the part.  It fits quite well into the Enterprise and I look forward to getting it painted, lit and done this week.  Next two pics are of getting an idea where the center of mass is for the Reliant.  The center point ended up being in a great location on the model to drill a hole.  Next two pics are of the hole and the copper T that will need to be hammered out to finish the mounting for the model.  I know not very exciting to the majority of people, but this was a huge goal that has taken a long ass time to get to.  Next up for the Reliant will be to build the shuttle bays.  Next pic shows the fitment issue.  I am probably going to have to notch out the top hull piece to get it to seal down.  The nacelles will have to be glued into place before the top hull piece can be glued on.  Last pic is just seeing how well the roll bar fits, also for some inspiration!  So, lots of scratch building over the next few weeks on shuttle bays and O clubs and will continue to finish work on the nacelles, really almost done.  Also, need to order more paint to finish up the colors mixing needed for all of the finish work.  Progress!  Need to check on the base.

Cheers,
James

Offline jwood314

• Admiral
« Reply #152 on: January 06, 2019, 10:08:31 pm »
Got the Reliant shuttle bays laid out in CAD, will see if I can cut plastic with my machine or if I need to do it by hand, hoping the plastic cutting works.  Stargate Atlantis is a good work companion. 

Cheers,
James

Offline MSgtUSAFRet

• Admiral
  • Fly! Fight! Win! And call me when you're back.
« Reply #153 on: January 07, 2019, 10:35:51 am »
Stargate Atlantis is a good work companion. 

Cheers,
James

Of the Stargate TV Series, I think SGA is my favorite. Plus who doesn't like Jason Momoa before he became "Aquamanny"! XD

Anyway. Keep at it James!

Steve
"To be honest with you, Picard, a significant number of my crew members have expressed a desire to return even knowing the odds. Some because they can't bear to live without their loved ones, some because they don't like the idea of slipping out in the middle of a fight."

Offline jwood314

• Admiral
« Reply #154 on: January 13, 2019, 09:09:06 pm »
On season 5 of SGA, then onto SG1 all 10 seasons, then SGU.  I really liked Universe, would have been nice to have more seasons of that show.

Update #73

Lots of fun progress lately.  On the models themselves I drilled a very large hole into the Es secondary hull for the mounting point.  I also included a pic of the o club with a dude sitting on the chair.  He fits the scale fairly well, but the other ones not so much.  I am looking have having to cut the legs down to make it work.  I am headed up to Dallas this weekend to hang with the family and hammer out the mounting pieces for the E and R.  No pics but I have all of the shuttles, work bees, cargo thingies and other shuttles assembled and base coated white.  Need to get the bees yellow.  All of the other pics are of the shuttle bays going into the Reliant.  Have been having a lot of fun getting the shuttle bays built.  I used the silhouette to design the masking for the bottom and the top.  I am very happy with how the bottom came out, the top will look great when I have diffuse light coming through all of the holes.  The side walls are 0.010 thick cut on the Silhouette then glued to a thicker piece of plastic with backing to stiffen it further.  I am about down getting the design done for all of photo etch parts.  Those should be done this week.  The last pic is of the rough fitting of all of the big parts of the shuttle bay.  There is a lot of detail left to go into here, but you get the idea.  There is some trimming left to get everything to fit properly.  Also, not pictured, I have poured some blue tinted resin into all of the windows that should look pretty cool.  I saw a shuttle bay that had red, prefer blue.  Lots of fun progress, looking forward to getting the detail parts and all of the extra stuff in there.

Cheers,
James

Offline Shawn McClure

• Admiral
  • Shawn McClure
« Reply #155 on: January 14, 2019, 08:00:19 am »
Wow.  That all looks amazing.  Really great job.

Shawn
To build or not to build.... that is the question.   The answer.... build... Duh.

Offline MSgtUSAFRet

• Admiral
  • Fly! Fight! Win! And call me when you're back.
« Reply #156 on: January 14, 2019, 08:23:56 am »
Wow, James! When you are finished, this should have "screen worthy" detail!

Steady as she goes!

Steve
"To be honest with you, Picard, a significant number of my crew members have expressed a desire to return even knowing the odds. Some because they can't bear to live without their loved ones, some because they don't like the idea of slipping out in the middle of a fight."

Offline modelerdave

• Commander
« Reply #157 on: January 14, 2019, 08:51:31 am »
The Reliant shuttle bays look fantastic.

Offline Tiburon

• Captain
« Reply #158 on: January 17, 2019, 08:03:57 pm »
Been watching this build since the start! Still blown away by it! amazing work! Very excited to see what comes next!
Phil

Enterprise © Bloc