Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Building b29 superfortress  (Read 386 times)

Offline Justy

• Ensign
Building b29 superfortress
« on: January 31, 2018, 10:18:54 am »
Hay everyone. I'm Justine from pa. Just started building and have no idea what I'm doing. I just finished the b17g. I painted it all by brush. I did ALOT of things wrong. I painted the wings and fuseldge first. And when I put it together I had glue and fingerprints all over it. I had to strip it with thinner and repaint it. I'm not happy with it. All my Windows are full of glue. I should of researched before I did this model. Anyway I watched on utube of building the b29 anola gay. So I see people are using spray paint , primer and putty lol. I had no idea. So I got a b29 on ebay. Should be in mail soon. I'm going to craft shop this weekend. Can someone tell me what color and type sprays to get. It has to be in a can cud I don't have a sprayer. The b29 I seen on Uribe the edges of the back wings were like mirrors. That looked awasome and I'd like to do that with mine. Can someone give me some tips on this plane?  Thanks. Can't post my pic of my b17 file to large

Offline Mstowell

• Admiral
  • Gort! Barenga!
Re: Building b29 superfortress
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2018, 08:12:00 pm »
The kit instructions should tell you what colors are needed.
Which B29 kit did you buy?
Matt

Offline homyakchik

• Emperor of the Known Universe
  • Ensign
Re: Building b29 superfortress
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2018, 06:24:55 pm »
Also bear in mind that a lot of what goes on here is of the sci-fi bent, so if your plane is post-holocaust, then it could be painted any way the raggedy survivors want to paint it. Build a giant robot model to stand next to it and that'd explain the big fingerprints on it. :)

Seriously, though; what would you like it to look like? Authentic WWII or Cold War or Viet Nam or WWIII or Kidnapped To An Alien World or what?

Davey (some of my most fun paint jobs have started when I just figured what the heck and did it my own way)

Enterprise © Bloc