Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Got Stung...  (Read 888 times)

Online whb64

• Captain
Got Stung...
« on: February 11, 2018, 09:22:36 pm »
I'm not going to mention names and I know the forum isn't responsible...  but I got stung by someone on here.  I Bought something and they only sent part if what they advertised and I paid for everything in full.  Now they won't answer emails or messages.

I know nothing can be done, just a warning to be careful who you deal with, even on here.

Offline ImWolf

• Admiral
Re: Got Stung...
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2018, 09:35:48 pm »
If someone here, or anywhere, ripped me off and after an appropriate amount of time didn't even respond to my messages, I would have NO PROBLEM posting their name along with a "beware" message for all to see....

But that's just me    :b
Just think of what my life might be.....   In a world like I have seen!

Online whb64

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2018, 12:52:16 am »
It could come to that I guess, but Boyd stated that transactions are between the buyer and seller.  I'm trying to give the seller as much benefit if doubt as possible.  He did say he had some personal issues come up, but that was almost 5 months ago and now no response to my emails.  Trust me I know all about personal issues happening but it doesn't take that long to reply to an email.

Online whb64

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2018, 05:50:49 pm »
I sent him one last email asking him to please respond or I can no longer give him the benefit of doubt...

I bought the items from him from a listing he had on here back in August of last year.  He sent some of the items but not everything.  The main reason I bought his listing was for the deluxe lighting kit he was selling.  That is what wasn't sent.  I did see another posting where he had the same lighting kit for sale again, but he said he had two lighting kits.  The lack of response is causing me to wonder if he took my money and sold it to someone else... or sold it to multiple people and nobody got it.  I can't say that's what happened but that's how it is starting to feel since he hasn't responded to me since The end of October. 

Offline Tankton

• Admiral
    • Cameron's Decals and Such
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2018, 08:04:27 pm »
If this is who I think it is. His health is more than just bad at this time. He hasn't even posted on his Google Plus page for
more than 12 weeks. I'm not even sure he is still with us at this point.
Live Long and Prosper

Cameron Lewis Sr.

www.cameronsdecals.com

Online whb64

• Captain
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2018, 08:14:51 pm »
Still no reply to messages here, emails, or phone calls.  I tried everything to contact him.  I assume he's still out there since his phone number is still good.

I ended up filing a report with IC3.gov for internet fraud and postal fraud.  I just want what I paid for, nothing more , nothing less.

Offline orbital_drydock

• Commander
    • Orbital Drydock
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2018, 12:08:27 pm »
I ended up filing a report with IC3.gov for internet fraud and postal fraud.  I just want what I paid for, nothing more , nothing less.

Chances are you're way past the point of getting product.
Maybe try contacting paypal or your credit card for a charge back.
Food for thought, internet & postal fraud are Federal felony charges.
Hope you get your desired outcome.....
THERE... ARE... FOUR... LIGHTS!!!

https://orbitaldrydock.com

Online whb64

• Captain
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2018, 08:00:16 pm »
Unfortunately it was a person to person sale on here and paid for by check.  Otherwise I could do the Paypal thing.

Online whb64

• Captain
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2018, 01:16:38 am »

Chances are you're way past the point of getting product.
Maybe try contacting paypal or your credit card for a charge back.
Food for thought, internet & postal fraud are Federal felony charges.
Hope you get your desired outcome.....
For the record...  I just want to say this is my first bad experience with an online purchase.  I've dealt with many people on here and it has been  a pleasurable experience.  I'm even a big advocate of 'pay it forward'... meaning if someone needs something you have and aren't using, offer it up as a 'pay it forward' thing.  Then when you need a small part or item someone (hopefully) will pass it on and send you the part you need.  I fully support that.

However if someone doesn't honor a sale or deal, then I fully believe people should know about that.

Offline orbital_drydock

• Commander
    • Orbital Drydock
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2018, 02:09:09 am »
Well best of luck with your endeavor...
THERE... ARE... FOUR... LIGHTS!!!

https://orbitaldrydock.com

Offline AnythingSciFi

• Admiral
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2018, 10:12:21 pm »
Well, in my opinion, with you not revealing who it is you are allowing them to have the opportunity to do it to someone else here!!!

Especially if they are a member here!

Online whb64

• Captain
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2018, 11:46:56 pm »
If it's okay and not violating any rules I will mention his name at this point, mainly so nobody else gets burned.  I tried everything possible to resolve this before it came to this.

Online whb64

• Captain
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2018, 09:28:42 pm »
He goes by Smallville or legoville.

I've been talking to Paul over at BigEasy and he feels bad about this and said he will try to do something to help me out.  He's a good guy :)

Enterprise © Bloc