Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Has Anyone noticed that the NCC-2000 bridge is out of scale on round 2 Excelsior  (Read 214 times)

Offline J.T. Kirk

• Ensign
Has Anyone noticed  that the Bridge for Sulu's NCC-2000 in the new Round 2 Excelsior kit is out of scale.  even when compared to the 1/1000 1701 refit's bridge it is way too small.

The original AMT Excelsior kit had the right scale bridge for NCC-2000.  why Round 2 shark it out of scale is a mystery.  There is still hope for now to correct the piece.  Don's Light and Magic makes the scale NCC-2000 bridge in both clear and dark grey resin that will not only bring the kits bridge to scale,  but be accurate in it's look and detail.

Kirk

Offline Lorenzor

• Ensign
What is the significance of this content and where can I study it?

Offline Tankton

• Admiral
    • Cameron's Decals and Such
What is the significance of this content and where can I study it?

I think we have a spammer>
Live Long and Prosper

Cameron Lewis Sr.

www.cameronsdecals.com

Offline J.T. Kirk

• Ensign
it was just a comment  that the new kit has a part that is out of scale, but can be corrected.  I myself when building a model would rather it be accurate  than not.  What is the problem with that?

If you don't mind a model having a part or look outta scale  then go ahead and keep it as is. That's the modelers choice.

As to the Spammer comment,   it was an observation of a problem with a model.  if your happy with it  then remain so, As I said, I myself  don't like when something is out of scale and stands out on a kit.  and I'm sure there are others out there who feel the same way.  NO need to get Nasty about it.

Offline starsiegeplayer

• Admiral
  • In brightest day, in darkest night....
I noticed that it looks small but I yhink they made the stk 6 filming model like that

Offline holt35

• Ensign
The bridge on the NX version was about the right size for the NCC-2000 set but when the guys at ILM found out the production was using a smaller set then they had in Star Trek 3 they changed the bridge on the outside of the model making it smaller and out of scale. The first Excelsior model kits bridge was to round but a more correct size however the new kits bridge is the right shape and does match the studio models bridge form Star Trek 6.

Enterprise © Bloc