Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Help With Bandai!  (Read 521 times)

Offline simi

• Admiral
  • JUST enough knowledge to do some serious damage
Help With Bandai!
« on: February 16, 2018, 06:45:28 pm »
Hello all,

OK - I'm sooooo close to finishing the Bandai Slave 1 kit...and guess what...I totally lost the Boba Fett figure!!!  I even had him painted up rather nicely! 

So rather than spend another $40 on a new kit for 1 small piece - I'm hoping someone here can help.  I've gotten replacement spruces from Round 2, but can I get one from Bandai?  If so, where do I make the request?  Or, if not, would anyone want to part with their dear Boba Fett sfor a reasonable dollar amount?  Pleeeeaaase??

Help me SciFiModelAction...you're my only hope!

Cheers!

Simi
As a software architect, I'm pretty darn good.  As someone with knowledge of building things in the real world, well, I'm a software architect.

Offline starsiegeplayer

• Admiral
  • In brightest day, in darkest night....
Re: Help With Bandai!
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2018, 05:37:38 pm »
https://www.wakuwakumono.com/order-gundam-replacement-parts-japan-step-step/

The article talks about Gundams specifically but the links don't seem to be Gundam specific.

Offline greg

• Captain
  • aka SteveTheFish, TurkeyVolumeGuessingMan
    • Greg's Neat-o Homepage
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2018, 01:01:27 am »
Hi Simi,
I live in Japan and can get you a replacement very easily. I have done this a lot for guys on the Starship Modeler forum. I'll need you to send me a scan of the parts order form from the directions and tell me which runner and part number. I'd likely be cheaper than the aforementioned service and just ask to be compensated via PayPal. Send me a PM.

Offline simi

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2018, 06:33:35 am »
Bah,  I've already picked up a new kit - but these options are awesome in the future.  Thanks for the info!

Cheers!

Simi
As a software architect, I'm pretty darn good.  As someone with knowledge of building things in the real world, well, I'm a software architect.

Offline greg

• Captain
  • aka SteveTheFish, TurkeyVolumeGuessingMan
    • Greg's Neat-o Homepage
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2018, 07:37:13 pm »
Well, I could still get you another Fett figure and you'd have a whole second kit to build again someday. Or give it to a friend as a gift. No sense in letting that plastic go to waste, right? Just hit me up as the offer still stands.

Offline scottminium

• Admiral
  • There are submarines, and targets.
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2018, 08:35:34 pm »
Awesome Greg! I'll keep you in mind for future problems, though Bandai is pretty awesome.   ;D
"I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment... because they'll never come again."

Offline simi

• Admiral
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2018, 08:08:36 pm »
OK, this is a non-issue on this issue. 

I finished the Slave 1 bandai kit months ago.  Of which, I lost the Boba and had to buy another kit just for him (ok, and some other parts I "broke"). 

I'm currently working on a Bandai Stormtrooper and the TOS 1/1000 enterprise kit.  I knocked over the my specimen cup holding the TOS clear parts...and lost several of the darn parts.  So, in my attempt to find them (flashlight in hand)  - I still haven't found the missing red/green nav light clear part, I found my go##$ - da##$ lost Boba Fett figure from months ago.   Kinda makes me laugh (other than I still have a missing TOS part), but this has to have happened to several of us before.  And this is in my basement, so not a carpet monster! 

Bah - just laughing at this moment -no questions per say. lol (but this has got to have happened to us all..)

Cheer!

Simi

Offline RockyD88

• Captain
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2018, 09:00:48 am »
Maybe you could find someone to trade your little Boba for the tos clear pieces? JK. :)

Offline Tankton

• Admiral
    • Cameron's Decals and Such
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2018, 11:15:17 am »
Hey Simi. I have an extra set of the red and green nav domes for the top of the saucer.
 I'm redoing my 350 and will be using the clear parts. I can send these to you.
Live Long and Prosper

Cameron Lewis Sr.

www.cameronsdecals.com

Offline simi

• Admiral
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2018, 05:33:37 pm »
Appreciate the offer, Tankton!  But this is just a 1/1000 scale, not the 350.  Also, I DO have another Space Seed box with another identical kit I can tap into - I just hate doing that for one part.  And, worst case - I can spend 7 bucks via AMT for the replacement sprue.  Thanks tho!

Cheers!

Simi

Enterprise © Bloc