Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Is anyone interested in seeing a build guide for the 1/350 Enterprise Refit?  (Read 376 times)

Offline AussieTrekkie

• Admiral
Hi all,

Building the 1/350 Enterprise Refit kit can be quite daunting for a beginner to average modeller, and can be quite expensive with after market parts, masks and lighting system.

Are any people interested in seeing this kit built as a build series on my channel, to see how to build it on a budget and with some basic skills and still have a great result. I have a video on my channel talking about the build so you can check it out there. If anyone is interested in a build series let me know?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGE-VC0Ai1XSp37916YkSYQ?disable_polymer=true

Offline whb64

• Captain
I see a lot of great videos out there but one thing that seems lacking on most is a reference list for materials needed for the build.

When I moderated at a Home Theater forum I set up a 'format' for things, for instance when I showed how to build a video server I listed all the parts and where I got them (wasn't affiliated with any of those businesses) so people knew what to get and had at least one source to look for the items.  It would be really nice to have a list of what paints, colors, after market parts and sourcing.

I'm all in for your suggestion.  To be honest I've seen so many video builds now they all pretty much look the same anymore.  Budget tips, tricks, parts/material lists would be awesome.

Offline Shawn McClure

• Admiral
  • Shawn McClure
I'm interested in watching your build.

Shawn
To build or not to build.... that is the question.   The answer.... build... Duh.

Offline RossW

• Captain
Can you please post a link to your specific video on the Refit?

Offline neilfsmith

• Lieutenant
I've just started mine in January so it probably wouldn't help me, but I thin its a great idea.

Offline AussieTrekkie

• Admiral
Can you please post a link to your specific video on the Refit?

The link in the first post goes to my channel and it is the newest video.

Offline Decoman

• Commander
I am on my way already building my refit kit (I hope to be moving soon and I am dealing with some annoying real life issues, so my work is on hold atm), though I think it could be interesting in offering some insight into some improvements that can be made to the kit.

One such example, of an improvement, is to glue on a tiny bit of 1mm (iirc, don't remember atm) styrene on the inside of the large white deflector dish housing, where the large transparent deflector dish goes into but where this clear part so easily will end up sliding in too deep. With a small stand off on the two small taps inside the cavity of the white part, the clear part rests so much better and prevents the clear part from sinking too deep in, making the clear part more perfectly aligned this way with the (iirc) 1mm tall stand off in place.

I would also warn against trying to test fit the long nacelle clear parts into the white plastic if the fit isn't good, as I can easily imagine that this fragile long clear part might snap if casually trying to jam the clear part in place, for a test fit.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 04:25:13 am by Decoman »

Offline The Man/Kind Project

• Lieutenant
Big yes.  I'm on my second attempt.  I'd like to view a comprehensive guide without the comedy or schtick, that also lists all of the after market parts that are used in the guide.

Hi all,

Building the 1/350 Enterprise Refit kit can be quite daunting for a beginner to average modeller, and can be quite expensive with after market parts, masks and lighting system.

Are any people interested in seeing this kit built as a build series on my channel, to see how to build it on a budget and with some basic skills and still have a great result. I have a video on my channel talking about the build so you can check it out there. If anyone is interested in a build series let me know?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGE-VC0Ai1XSp37916YkSYQ?disable_polymer=true

Enterprise © Bloc