Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 1:350 TOS Enterprise - Production Version  (Read 2747 times)

Offline MSgtUSAFRet

• Admiral
  • Fly! Fight! Win! And call me when you're back.
Re: 1:350 TOS Enterprise - Production Version
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2018, 07:41:21 am »
Mike, thanks for answering the questions.

I hope you get better! What were you doing? Hockey or figure skating?  ;D

Get well soon!

Steve
"To be honest with you, Picard, a significant number of my crew members have expressed a desire to return even knowing the odds. Some because they can't bear to live without their loved ones, some because they don't like the idea of slipping out in the middle of a fight."

Offline Macupar

• Admiral
    • Facebook
« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2018, 09:16:57 pm »
Sadly I wasn't doing any of that. I slipped on ice in front of a restaurant. Ouch. I'm finally feeling pretty good. I think tomorrow I'll finish up the bridge.

Offline Macupar

• Admiral
    • Facebook
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2018, 05:37:14 pm »
Well, right when I said I was feeling pretty good, my appendix decide to die on me and I had to have surgery. I am pretty well recovered from that so I am once again getting back to this build.
I did not have a great time working on the bridge. The decals that went on the lower computers broke apart. I had 2 extras and both of them broke apart as well. I did the best I could but, what ever. I probably should have just spray painted them black. I think that would have worked out much, better. But, it is what it is. I started to add people to the bridge and i have the hand rails painted and ready to go. I aslo need to fix a large spot where the paint came off of the floor. I painted some black on it then i will paint it gray once it dries. I will put a person right over it to help hit the fix. Once this bridge is done, I will probably start on the shuttle bad and then the engineering section.

Until then,

thanks for following

Offline scottminium

• Admiral
  • There are submarines, and targets.
« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2018, 06:42:56 pm »
Your appendix quit!  Glad to hear you're OK.

Bridge looks pretty bad ass to me.  I'm sure the up close eyeball is revealing issues to you, but try not to over think it!
"I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment... because they'll never come again."

Offline Macupar

• Admiral
    • Facebook
« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2018, 08:35:45 am »
Your appendix quit!  Glad to hear you're OK.

Bridge looks pretty bad ass to me.  I'm sure the up close eyeball is revealing issues to you, but try not to over think it!

Thanks Scott! We are our own worst critics. At least we hope we are, lol

Offline Macupar

• Admiral
    • Facebook
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2018, 08:39:16 am »
So the bridge is pretty much finished. I will add some clear color paint to the back side of the bridge to give the panels some color. Other than that. I am ready to start on the next section. I am excited and energized to get going!

Thanks for following!

Mike

Offline pakratt840

• Admiral
  • NCC-1603 USS Ballista
« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2018, 11:29:50 pm »
Good to hear you're back on track Mike. My appendix checked out on Easter weekend back in '06. My surgeon was appropriately named Dr. Guttman-no lie!

That bridge is looking fantastic. Everything looks so clean and precise. Nice work. So what's next on the docket? Shuttle bay maybe?
Dan

Yoda & Luke discuss building the Refit
Luke: I'm not afraid!
Yoda: Oh...You will be...You...Will...Be!

Offline Macupar

• Admiral
    • Facebook
« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2018, 08:37:04 am »
Good to hear you're back on track Mike. My appendix checked out on Easter weekend back in '06. My surgeon was appropriately named Dr. Guttman-no lie!

That bridge is looking fantastic. Everything looks so clean and precise. Nice work. So what's next on the docket? Shuttle bay maybe?

Thats a great name for a doctor. I am starting the shuttle bay next. I am trying to decide if i was to drill holes in the shuttle bay or clear cast the parts. I am leaning towards clear parts.

Offline pakratt840

• Admiral
  • NCC-1603 USS Ballista
« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2018, 08:56:04 pm »
Be interested to see how those clear cast parts work out for you if you go that way. I bought a set off of eBay, but was not really happy with the quality of the castings and didn't use them.
Dan

Yoda & Luke discuss building the Refit
Luke: I'm not afraid!
Yoda: Oh...You will be...You...Will...Be!

Offline MSgtUSAFRet

• Admiral
« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2018, 07:26:20 am »

Thats a great name for a doctor.

Speaking of Doctor names, I used to work for Dr. Butcher and Dr. Payne! Both were appropriately Dentists! :D

This is looking good, Mike! I would also like to see how the clear parts work out for you!

Stay at it!

Steve
"To be honest with you, Picard, a significant number of my crew members have expressed a desire to return even knowing the odds. Some because they can't bear to live without their loved ones, some because they don't like the idea of slipping out in the middle of a fight."

Offline ImWolf

• Admiral
« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2018, 01:56:21 pm »
Excellent work on that little bridge....   Love it!!!
Just think of what my life might be.....   In a world like I have seen!

Offline jager136

• Ensign
« Reply #41 on: April 14, 2018, 12:38:59 pm »
I am starting a 1/350 build today and I have never done anything like this before. I was checking out 1/350 figures online but I see nothing with seated figures. May I ask where you found them? For those interested, I checked out Shapeways this morning and the shuttle is listed: https://www.shapeways.com/product/7BNDPUW6G/1-350-tos-shuttlecraft?optionId=60471316&li=marketplace.

Offline jwood314

• Admiral
« Reply #42 on: April 14, 2018, 05:11:08 pm »
Your bridge is fantastic, keep up the awesome work!  If you have the time, do both the hole drilling, and filling with clear resin and a cast part.  Would love to see the difference.  :)

Cheers,

Offline scottminium

• Admiral
  • There are submarines, and targets.
« Reply #43 on: April 21, 2018, 03:44:24 pm »
Dr. Payne, a dentist?  Was that from Little Shop of Horrors????

I am really inspired by the level of detail in the 350 builds, and the bridge he is really awesome!  Don't know when I will be brave enough to try one myself, but I do love following your build!
"I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment... because they'll never come again."

Offline MSgtUSAFRet

• Admiral
« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2018, 07:44:00 am »
Dr. Payne, a dentist?  Was that from Little Shop of Horrors????

Nope. Military Dental Clinic!  ;D Same Difference!

Mike, I'm loving the build, too. I will be doing this ship build next. "May I live a thousand years and never hunt again; I swear it shall be done!"

Steve

« Last Edit: April 26, 2018, 07:46:55 am by MSgtUSAFRet »

Enterprise © Bloc