Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Alcad Aqua Gloss  (Read 215 times)

Offline RockyD88

• Captain
Alcad Aqua Gloss
« on: February 24, 2018, 12:38:23 pm »
 I think my trusty bottle of Future is finally done...it has served me well for 10+ years for gloss coating before decals and sealing them.

What I would like to know is if any of you have any experience with Alclad Aqua Gloss, its acrylic and self leveling and might be a good substitute for Future, but its a lot more expensive.

any input would be appreciated. :)

Offline Decoman

• Commander
Re: Alcad Aqua Gloss
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2018, 11:19:28 pm »
I too would like to know about other people's experiences with Alclad's Aqua Gloss.

I have a bottle of this in store, but I am afraid to use it. Also, all my airbrushing work is on a pause atm.

Offline madmonk

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2018, 03:18:26 am »
Aqua Gloss is the one I use, never had a problem with it.  Used it with my airbrush and with a hairy stick, also good for sealing self printed decals.

Just read the instructions and don't shake before using as much as you may be tempted to it froths it up!!

I've not tried dipping clear parts in it though.

Offline greg

• Captain
  • aka SteveTheFish, TurkeyVolumeGuessingMan
    • Greg's Neat-o Homepage
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2018, 06:09:06 pm »
I've used it recently on my P-38 Eggplane. I painted it with Mr. Color 8 Silver (lacquer). I first tried to use the Mr. Color lacquer gloss clear, but it dulled the shine considerably.

I used masking tape on a drop tank to do a side by side comparison of Alclad Aqua Gloss Clear vs Future. While Future was nice, Aqua Gloss retained its luster better. I wish I had taken a picture of the comparison. I ended up redoing that drop tank anyway.

Enterprise © Bloc