Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: [Moebius Models] Company Sold To Pegasus Hobbies  (Read 305 times)

Offline Gadgetron_3000

• Admiral
[Moebius Models] Company Sold To Pegasus Hobbies
« on: March 05, 2018, 10:24:38 am »
Hi, Everyone!

After twelve years in the game, Frank Winspur of Moebius Models has sold his company to Pegasus Hobbies.  The two companies will remain separate entities.

It was first announced on their Facebook page here:

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=2051877814852511&id=152580141448964

...and the official press release is as follows:

==========

PEGASUS HOBBIES OWNERS TO ASSUME OWNERSHIP OF MOEBIUS MODELS

Model kit producer's product output to remain unchanged

[Glenwood, FL, March 1, 2018] As of March 1st, Tom and Larry, owners of Pegasus Hobbies will assume ownership of Moebius Models. Moebius will remain an independent company and will continue production on its popular line of plastic model kits and other products. Original Moebius founder and president Frank Winspur will remain with the company as a minority partner and will still be involved in guiding Moebius from a creative standpoint.

Moebius Models was formed in 2008 as a division of Doll & Hobby Inc. and has released licensed model kits from properties such as Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, Lost in Space, Battlestar Galactica, the 1966 Batman television series, Warner Bros. movies Batman V Superman, The Dark Knight, and Interstellar, Marvel superheroes such as Iron Man, Universal's classic monster characters and Fantastic Voyage, as well as automobile and truck models. Recently Moebius has produced licensed model kits from 2001: A Space Odyssey and will soon launch a line of Star Trek kits from the recent theatrical movies produced by J.J. Abrams, Star Trek, Star Trek Into Darkness and Star Trek Beyond.

Moebius Models' art director Bob Plant and new product manager Dave Metzner will remain in their current positions at the company and Moebius' upcoming product releases will remain unchanged through the transition. Customer service will remain at 386-734-3599 and email contact will remain customerservice@moebiusmodels.com for the present time.

Frank Winspur will provide a personal statement on the transition on Facebook within the next few days. No further information is available and calls and/or emails to the company are unnecessary at this time.

Moebius Models is a toy and hobby company based in Glenwood, FL.

==========

In 12 years, Frank Winspur has brought out a lot of quality kits for fans of the genres that Moebius caters to.  Hopefully from this point on he will be a happier and healthier person.  And with Pegasus Hobbies, I'm sure Moebius Models is in good hands.

:)
"They've done studies, you know.  60% of the time, it works every time."

-----

Google+: https://plus.google.com/109660073537038906328

Offline whb64

• Captain
Re: [Moebius Models] Company Sold To Pegasus Hobbies
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2018, 10:38:37 am »
I was reading this last night.  I really hope this doesn't change anything about Moebius and the kits they offer.

Offline starsiegeplayer

• Admiral
  • In brightest day, in darkest night....
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2018, 09:02:05 pm »
I was reading this last night.  I really hope this doesn't change anything about Moebius and the kits they offer.
Me too.  I like the quality of Moebius kits.

Offline LynnInDenver

• Commander
    • My husband and I on YouTube - TG256
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2018, 09:53:48 pm »
They're probably in good hands. I've only managed to assemble one Pegasus kit so far (BF-109 snap kit), and I was reasonably happy with what I got. And I have one of their Martian War Machines in the stash to eventually work on.

Enterprise © Bloc