Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Hi fron New York  (Read 264 times)

Offline sippbh

• Ensign
Hi fron New York
« on: March 13, 2018, 09:11:33 pm »
Hi Everyone,

Back in England my Dad built glass cased museum quality models of ocean ships out of card and brass as a hobby. An appreciation of the hobby and those incredibly detailed models started my own appreciation of the skill. Fortunate to have the most well stocked hobby store nearby I built all kinds of Airfix, Revell Kits. I then progressed to scratch built models using wood and styrene using scaled plans. That was over 45 years ago and I now live in New York and facing retirement! Not sure the eyes and steady hands are what they were but I think the skills learned remain.

Hey, I maybe one of the few here that watched live the first episode of Star Trek when the series began, the TV then was massive with a 16" screen!

The videos and pictures that are posted by members here is inspiring me to take up the hobby again and I thank you all for that.

My real name is Peter.

Offline pakratt840

• Admiral
  • NCC-1603 USS Ballista
Re: Hi fron New York
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2018, 09:39:20 pm »
Welcome Peter! Wow, the original series first run episodes as they aired. My confession? Even when I first saw it in syndication, My first thought was that it was horror and I was frightened by it. Don't know how old I was, just remember that feeling when I first saw the opening credits.

Look forward to seeing some of your work.
Dan

Yoda & Luke discuss building the Refit
Luke: I'm not afraid!
Yoda: Oh...You will be...You...Will...Be!

Offline ImWolf

• Admiral
Re: Hi fron New York
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2018, 12:31:33 pm »
Welcome aboard Peter....  Hope you have fun rediscovering some past memories here....  :b

I remember watching that 1st episode as well, and even though that salt sucking monster was pretty scary, I was just waiting for that cool spaceship to come back onto the screen!

A few days later I was out in the yard collecting bricks and scraps of wood to build my own captains chair in the front yard..... my first model?

Wolf
Just think of what my life might be.....   In a world like I have seen!

Enterprise © Bloc