Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Shadow Bussards and running lights for 18" TOS E  (Read 1673 times)

Offline RossW

• Captain
Re: Shadow Bussards and running lights for 18" TOS E
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2018, 11:21:59 am »

Offline Tshark

• Lieutenant
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2018, 10:57:04 am »
Here is the wiring for my Shadow Bussards and pylon windows.  I wanted all three windows in the pylon lit, but LED's or fiber optics for each was going to be over-complicated.  I created a light tunnel in pylon with bare metal foil and regular tin foil wrapped around a coffee stir straw. The straw not only serves as a wall for the light tunnel it also provides a conduit for my wiring.  I placed a SMD LED at the top of the tunnel for all three windows.  I decided to use pieces of plastic tree to function as stops for the Neopixel coils rather than earthquake putty to facilitate replacement if ever necessary.  I also re-enforced the upper nacelle half with 1/16 sq brass bar to prevent nacelle droop.

Offline MurphyPeoples

• Lieutenant
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2018, 05:09:28 pm »
Enjoyed the video. I'm starting to just now get my feet wet with Arduino. My goal is to have an Uno operate 3 servos doing separate functions, and 3 sets of lights doing independent off and on. Fingers crossed.
Murphy

Offline Markeno

• Ensign
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2018, 09:30:14 pm »
This looks great, thanks for posting so much helpful information with it.  I will certainly keep this in mind for when I work on that model which I have sitting on the top of my shelf here.  While I am looking forward to doing it, I have no less than 3 models ahead, and I am very slow at doing them. :)

Enterprise © Bloc