Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 1/72 Bandai Y-Wing  (Read 710 times)

Offline scottminium

• Admiral
  • No matter where you go, there you are.
Re: 1/72 Bandai Y-Wing
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2018, 05:40:06 pm »
Thanks Steve!

Reminder to self: always put the resistors inside the model.

After already severing the torpedo wire, today while goofing around I got ahead of myself and connected the snake head lights without resistors.  The white one survived, the cannon LED did not.   :'(

The cockpit lighting and flickering (somewhat) engines look great, but no weapons.  Soon to finish up and post glory shots!
"I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment... because they'll never come again."

Offline scottminium

• Admiral
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2018, 02:58:50 pm »
Some final pics of the completed Y-Wing:
"I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment... because they'll never come again."

Offline manu

• Captain
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2018, 12:37:23 am »
Great build!

Offline starsiegeplayer

• Admiral
  • In brightest day, in darkest night....
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2018, 02:26:45 am »
Good job, Scott!

Offline MSgtUSAFRet

• Admiral
  • Fly! Fight! Win! And call me when you're back.
« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2018, 07:06:24 am »
Excellent work, Master Jedi!

I'm beginning to think this isn't anything you can't build, Scott! Glad the cockpit control panel worked out. It looks awesome!

Love the piping! (Hummm...sounds like I'm talking about cake decorating!  ;)  )

The weather looks great, too! R2 looks okay. Still would have preferred Chartreuse, but since you didn't have any...   ;)

Seriously, good job, Scott. Have you posted any shots in the Modeler's Gallery?! This would make a fine addition!

Keep going!

Steve
"To be honest with you, Picard, a significant number of my crew members have expressed a desire to return even knowing the odds. Some because they can't bear to live without their loved ones, some because they don't like the idea of slipping out in the middle of a fight."

Offline pakratt840

• Admiral
  • NCC-1603 USS Ballista
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2018, 04:41:21 pm »
Impressive work Scott! To get that amount of cockpit lighting in such a tiny space is a daunting task, but you pulled it off wonderfully. And the paint work and weathering and scratch work is the icing o n the cake.
Dan

Yoda & Luke discuss building the Refit
Luke: I'm not afraid!
Yoda: Oh...You will be...You...Will...Be!

Offline scottminium

• Admiral
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2018, 08:17:23 pm »
thanks all! BTW, most Bandai kits don't have a lot of assembly challenges...BUT if you want to do things out of sequence, be warned!

Enterprise © Bloc