Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Moebius 2001: A Space Odyssey Discovery XD-1 1/144 scale,completed photo series  (Read 660 times)

Offline Mr Atoz

• Admiral
We've prepared an edited series of finished shots of the Discovery here for your viewing.If you would like to review the build thread on the works in progress section,please follow this link
  http://scifimodelaction.com/sfmaforum/index.php?topic=7338.0 .Thank you for following along!

Adam P. Courville
« Last Edit: April 21, 2018, 09:48:21 am by Mr Atoz »
For the fun of building art.

Offline Mr Atoz

• Admiral
Close up and other angles.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2018, 09:48:44 am by Mr Atoz »

Offline starsiegeplayer

• Admiral
  • In brightest day, in darkest night....
Beautiful job!!!

Offline Mr Atoz

• Admiral
Thank you! :)

Offline TK Iain

• Admiral
Excellent!

Very nice indeed.
Iain

Offline Madhatter

• Commander
  • Plastic Surgeon in Training
beautiful work mate. I love the lit engines and the grills over the top - they really look the part

Offline Mr Atoz

• Admiral

Offline Mr Atoz

• Admiral
beautiful work mate. I love the lit engines and the grills over the top - they really look the part

Thank you! The best part is that the grills are the original parts! ;)

Offline Decoman

• Commander
This was very enjoyable! :)

Also, I think taking photos of ones models also add an aspect that assure that one's model lives on, even though the physical model might not be around anymore, or for when the physical model no longer has its origina finish and integrity. Presumably, one could also take the opportunity (with photos) to either color correct, beautify touch up, or add an interesting background / theme-image, if that isn't too difficult/complicated.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 10:58:19 am by Decoman »

Offline Mr Atoz

• Admiral
This was very enjoyable! :)

Also, I think taking photos of ones models also add an aspect that assure that one's model lives on, even though the physical model might not be around anymore, or for when the physical model no longer has its origina finish and integrity. Presumably, one could also take the opportunity (with photos) to either color correct, beautify touch up, or add an interesting background / theme-image, if that isn't too difficult/complicated.

Thank you!  :) You brought up some thoughtful things about models and photography.They do go hand in hand in fully presenting the finished model! I've completed some complex subjects over the years and was fortunate to have captured some decent exposures of them.Even though movie props are photographed for an end result,those miniatures may never see the light of day again.Just as what happened to the sets and miniatures after the completion of 2001.Seemed like a waste but the film stands the test of time because it's integrity was preserved.

Offline MattA

• Admiral
  • Am I doing this right?
Nicely done, Adam!  Looks like the real deal!
Builder of all things StarShip...

Offline Mr Atoz

• Admiral
Nicely done, Adam!  Looks like the real deal!

Thank you Matt! :)

Offline Mr Atoz

• Admiral
Here are some of the same photos edited with background images.These can also be found on our Facebook page.  https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10211496337307488&set=pcb.1634688816579677&type=3&theater&ifg=1

Offline Mark2000

• Ensign
Great pictures of a great build. May I make a suggestion? If your camera has aperature control close it down to f/8 or f/16 so that the model is sharp from one end to the other. Wide open aperatures take some parts of the ship out of focus. That makes it seem small, like a tilt shift photo. You may need a tripod and take a longer exposure.

Offline Mr Atoz

• Admiral
Great pictures of a great build. May I make a suggestion? If your camera has aperature control close it down to f/8 or f/16 so that the model is sharp from one end to the other. Wide open aperatures take some parts of the ship out of focus. That makes it seem small, like a tilt shift photo. You may need a tripod and take a longer exposure.

Thank you Mark2000! Also, thanks for the photography tip!I may try that. :)

Enterprise © Bloc