Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New Acquisitions  (Read 292922 times)

Offline RADIATION_STORM

• Commander
Re: New Acquisitions
« Reply #2130 on: May 27, 2018, 02:24:32 pm »
there is an additional part set  to fix this  Reliant as i own one of these as
well as the repop

Miranda Class Saucer Correction Kit
by Federation Models
Product Description:
Now you can fix that poor U.S.S. Reliant model so it looks like it should. With these 7 resin parts you can correct the hull thickness and accurize the rear of the model. Sanding and a little filling is required to use these 6 spacers. The entire rear bulkhead of the model kit is replaced with the other resin piece. It is recommended you also purchase item JTG-G04 to replace the window indentations you will sand off. Rear bulkhead mastered by Andy Henshaw.

Item #RMC-15
$15.00

hope this helps you

Offline TK Iain

• Admiral
« Reply #2131 on: May 31, 2018, 01:28:15 pm »
Batman and Robin Batboat so that's me got all three movie kits.

And the AMT 1/1400 Enterprise E which my mum bought for me after seeing a build up on YouTube and Ralph's/Tenacontrols new board for this model (which my mum said she'd get for my Christmas).

Iain

Offline simi

• Admiral
  • JUST enough knowledge to do some serious damage
« Reply #2132 on: May 31, 2018, 07:49:48 pm »

And the AMT 1/1400 Enterprise E which my mum bought for me after seeing a build up on YouTube and Ralph's/Tenacontrols new board for this model (which my mum said she'd get for my Christmas).

Awesome. Got that kit in the stash myself (Enterprise E).  PLEASE do a build log especially if you incorporate the lighting kit.  I need all the help I can get!  Enjoy the "prizes".

Cheers!

Simi
As a software architect, I'm pretty darn good.  As someone with knowledge of building things in the real world, well, I'm a software architect.

Offline TK Iain

• Admiral
« Reply #2133 on: June 01, 2018, 02:29:16 am »
Will do Simi.

Will also give me a chance to work with Tankton/Cameron's Aztec decals when I get the chance to buy them. Should be a fun wee build I reckon. ;D
Iain

Offline ClarkKent

• Commander
« Reply #2134 on: June 05, 2018, 07:28:11 pm »
Wonderfest causes me to wonder where my money went. I picked up a Discovery for $150, Wizard of Oz for $60. Resin garage kits i grabbed a Daredevil, a superman, wonder woman, batman, jor el busts, plus a Quint. I must live to be 300 years old to build my stash.
If it don't fit, you must not quit.

Offline Decoman

• Commander
« Reply #2135 on: June 07, 2018, 08:41:30 am »
Finally this kit was at a lower price than usual on ebay. I "had" to buy it. :)

Edit: The price dipped below the magic customs-fee-and-VAT-free-barrier, equal to some $43 in value for item and shipping together. Otherwise, above that limit, the kit would have been some 50% + more expensive (Europe, VAT & customs fee for my local currency).

Kinetic's Mirage 2000c in 1:48 scale. There is also a two seater version with a different kit number from Kinetic. Iirc, Kinetic "recently" started selling their new mold FRS.1 Sea Harrier kit in 1:48 scale, and I bought two of those. :| (Nice kits though.)

Mirage 2000 too boring? :) Then I suggest go watching the movie "Sky Fighters" (2005) to get to see some interesting Mirage 2000 footage.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2018, 02:06:06 am by Decoman »

Offline TK Iain

• Admiral
« Reply #2136 on: June 07, 2018, 10:23:19 am »
Not boring Decoman by any means.

Different and definitely interesting - will need to go and see if I can track that film down now. Still trying to get a B1B model kit at a reasonable price (I reckon it is "the" most beautiful aircraft ever).
Iain

Offline pakratt840

• Admiral
  • NCC-1603 USS Ballista
« Reply #2137 on: June 08, 2018, 06:29:55 pm »

I think you should build the "E" and then give it to your Mum!
Dan

Yoda & Luke discuss building the Refit
Luke: I'm not afraid!
Yoda: Oh...You will be...You...Will...Be!

Offline TK Iain

• Admiral
« Reply #2138 on: June 09, 2018, 02:39:20 am »
You took the idea right out of my head mate.
Iain

Offline pakratt840

• Admiral
  • NCC-1603 USS Ballista
« Reply #2139 on: June 15, 2018, 10:10:01 pm »
You took the idea right out of my head mate.

Sorry, I'll put it back!  ;)
Dan

Yoda & Luke discuss building the Refit
Luke: I'm not afraid!
Yoda: Oh...You will be...You...Will...Be!

Offline Gadgetron_3000

• Admiral
« Reply #2140 on: June 19, 2018, 02:21:08 pm »
Hi, Everyone!

Back in 2014, I picked up an original release Imai 1:15 Genesis Climber MOSPEADA VR-052T Ride-Armor kit (http://scifimodelaction.com/sfmaforum/index.php?PHPSESSID=ai2rvs4aakarmn4juq9reiijo7&topic=232.msg60199#msg60199).  Western audiences will know the Genesis Climber MOSPEADA anime as Robotech: The New Generation, the third saga of the Robotech compilation series.  In the show, the motorcycle transforms around the rider to become a powered exoskeleton.

Imai originally put out four Ride-Armor kits in 1984: the VR-052F (Stick's / Scott's ride), the VR-052T (Rei's / Rand's ride), the VR-038L (Fuke's / Rook's ride), and the VR-041H (Yellow's / Lance's ride).

In 2007, Aoshima re-released three of the four kits - the VR-052F, the VR-038L, and the VR-041H, and now they have re-released those same three kits once again.  That gave me the chance to complete the set, so I ordered the three available models from HobbyLink Japan.

These model kits are non-transformable, but they do have limited articulation.  It should be nice to pose the four models around each other one day after they are built.

:)

"They've done studies, you know.  60% of the time, it works every time."

-----

Google+: https://plus.google.com/109660073537038906328

Enterprise © Bloc