Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Selling your work at a show  (Read 170 times)

Offline nkaltso

• Admiral
  • Nothing is certain but death, taxes, and overspray
Selling your work at a show
« on: May 27, 2018, 08:57:01 pm »
Im wondering has anyone on the boards ever thought about selling your work at a local show or Comic Con?

If you have how did it go for you?  Is it profitable?

Please let me know

Nick

Offline Decoman

• Commander
Re: Selling your work at a show
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2018, 05:17:35 am »
The only thing I've heard about, is this guy that paints figures, which seems easy enough.Though, this wasn't for a show, and was apparently some very basic contract work (so to speak). I have no idea if there is any real profit in that.

I can't imagine people in general will want to spend money on a finished model, expect for some kind of must-buy scenario, like nostalgia, or as a dedicated museum/display piece.

Hm, I think I couldn't make a profit out of this, as I am more like a perfectionist, and would feel bad to sell stuff that isn't well done, and I like taking my time. In particular, I take enjoyment of sanding flush a model properly. I have very little experience with weathering.

I was thinking, that maybe smaller submarine models could be something that at least would be the least investment time and money wise, to be sold to others. Something one could easily do in parallel, given how few pieces there are in a 1:350 submarine kit. To make a submarine kit look stunning is easy, with gloss cloat + varnish, to get that nice sheen on the submarine hull. Though, I honestly don't know what a realistic looking submarine hull would look like. Presumably it would be rubber like.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 05:23:58 am by Decoman »

Enterprise © Bloc