Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Ghostbusters ECTO-1  (Read 1468 times)

Offline Madhatter

• Commander
  • Plastic Surgeon in Training
Re: Ghostbusters ECTO-1
« Reply #45 on: August 24, 2018, 09:26:56 pm »
Coming along nicely! How are you going to hide that wiring and get it from the roof down to the floor?

Offline scottminium

• Admiral
  • There are submarines, and targets.
« Reply #46 on: August 25, 2018, 05:29:46 pm »
@mad, your avatar is totally distracting.  way to go!

To hide the wiring I did two things: 1) a sheet styrene 'panel' was added behind the jump seat and 2) clear epoxy holds the wires to the roof headed back.  The wires for the monitor, head lights and tail lights are run along the side and then into the interior.  Wiring was a pain in the butt, but it all works!  Somehow I forgot a pic of the styrene panel, but it was nothing more than two sheets of really thin plastic painted black.  The tinting of the windows obscures the rest of the wiring.

In these pics I show the upper body cemented together (decals and some flash still remain), the interior bonded into the body (with clear epoxy), the 12 pin connector that finishes it up, and the Arduino nano board.  I'll post a video of the lights soon!
"I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment... because they'll never come again."

Offline scottminium

• Admiral
« Reply #47 on: August 25, 2018, 06:05:32 pm »
and since video is better than pics for lighting effects:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0CY0kDiKBQ&feature=youtu.be
"I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment... because they'll never come again."

Offline scottminium

• Admiral
« Reply #48 on: August 26, 2018, 02:48:07 pm »
today was the final push.  Installing wires, the chassis, spot lights, side mirror, antennae, ladder, and decals.
First up, the cable assembly.  Then finally, the finished piece.  I'll post another video when the base is secured.

The cables are wire and stock styrene tubes. 
The Ghostbuster logo on the hood is not canon, but I had an extra three decals and it seemed right.

While this kit had some interesting issues, overall fit was satisfactory, detail was good and assembly was fun.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 02:49:53 pm by scottminium »

Offline MSgtUSAFRet

• Admiral
  • Fly! Fight! Win! And call me when you're back.
« Reply #49 on: August 27, 2018, 08:12:02 am »
Scott,

This build is another reason I enjoy your builds - they are works or art with a perfect blend of science! I watched the video and am amazed by the detail and your programming ability. Nicely done!

As for the decal on the hood, I remember what Spock Prime said to Spock: "Spock, in this case, do yourself a favor: Put aside logic. Do what feels right."

It looks cool!

Are you done yet? Have you posted in the gallery?

Looking forward to you final shots!

Steve
"To be honest with you, Picard, a significant number of my crew members have expressed a desire to return even knowing the odds. Some because they can't bear to live without their loved ones, some because they don't like the idea of slipping out in the middle of a fight."

Offline scottminium

• Admiral
« Reply #50 on: September 02, 2018, 05:32:29 am »
Thanks Steve.

The car will be mounted to clear box that will house the Arduino and wiring, then I'll take some final shots.

Also, I'll be out of modeling for 1-2 months as the downstairs is 'redone.'  I might do a couple of projects but nothing to grand.

Offline MSgtUSAFRet

• Admiral
  • Fly! Fight! Win! And call me when you're back.
« Reply #51 on: September 03, 2018, 07:21:19 am »
Good luck on the "redo"!

Enjoy working on a macro scale.

We'll be here when you're done!

Steve
"To be honest with you, Picard, a significant number of my crew members have expressed a desire to return even knowing the odds. Some because they can't bear to live without their loved ones, some because they don't like the idea of slipping out in the middle of a fight."

Enterprise © Bloc