Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: DS9 (part 1 of 2)  (Read 542 times)

Offline Often wrong Soong

• Ensign
DS9 (part 1 of 2)
« on: May 23, 2018, 03:41:44 pm »
Hi guys

I was commissioned by a collector in Germany to build a new Deep Space Nine station model to replace the current one being displayed in his small, private Star Trek museum. This new version was to be fully lighted, including flood lighting on the docking pylons, flashing anti-collision markers on the weapons sails and docking pylons, lit windows and a pulsating reactor core. The kit used was the Round2 clear re-issue from a couple of years ago, which came with plenty of challenges and fit issues to contend with. The model was further detailed with subtle coloured panelling, pencil lines and then heavily weathered using the 1st season opening credits sequence as main reference. The finer panel detailing is so subtle that it is barely visible in most of the photo's, but really helps to sell the scale when viewed with the naked eye. In total, the build took roughly 250+ hours to complete

The board restricts the number of picture attachments so I've added some more to Part 2, here:

http://scifimodelaction.com/sfmaforum/index.php?topic=7432.0

Thanks for looking

Wayne
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 03:49:50 pm by Often wrong Soong »

Offline Cornellz

• Ensign
Re: DS9 (part 1 of 2)
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2018, 03:14:41 am »
What can I do in the forum and where can I get more?

Offline starsiegeplayer

• Admiral
  • In brightest day, in darkest night....
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2018, 12:13:49 pm »
Excellent photos of this model!

Offline holt35

• Ensign
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2018, 05:45:13 pm »
Nice work! I hope R2 brings this kit back out soon I missed it last time it was out.

Enterprise © Bloc