Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Vulcan Shuttle Repair  (Read 80 times)

Online TD1701

• Lieutenant
Vulcan Shuttle Repair
« on: June 11, 2018, 09:01:36 pm »
Hi Everyone,

I was doing some detail painting on a Vulcan Shuttle kit that I was trying to complete, and when I was removing the masking tape a small piece on one of the nacelles broke off.

Anyone have any ideas how I can fix this without having to do any major surgery?

Thanks,

Tom

Offline starsiegeplayer

• Admiral
  • In brightest day, in darkest night....
Re: Vulcan Shuttle Repair
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2018, 02:04:29 pm »
Those intercooler pieces are delicate.  You may be able to precise cut a piece of stock styrene to fit the gap, but it will take some sanding and filling around the joint.  I don't think "major" surgery will be needed.

Online TD1701

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2018, 01:34:32 pm »
Sorry it took me so long to update Starsiegeplayer. I was busy this week and didn't get on the boards until today. Someone on another forum suggested using Aves to fill in the gap. Since I had some Aves in my stash I thought I would give it a try and it worked out pretty well.

I have to let it cure overnight and by tomorrow I can hit it with some 600 grit sandpaper and then mask and airbrush a new coat of paint. :) After that, I have one more detail to paint and it should be ready for decals.

Tom

Online TD1701

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: Today at 03:13:53 pm »
Here it is all fixed with a shot of base coat just to see how well it turned out.

A little more clean-up then hit it with the correct color, and it should be good to go!

Enterprise © Bloc